Buffering on business account

Post created to track @jesiekatt62’s issue posted on: https://forum.viasat.com/t/prime-buffering/2553/2

Hello @jesiekatt62 , regarding your previous message:

Your business account is currently “Choice 35 Mbps / 300 GB”, so a download speed of 70 Mbps is twice that, which is very good. There should be no buffering happening if you test any streaming websites on your laptop on mobile phone.

However, keeping in mind the last time we spoke: Issue with data usage - #53 by Nathalia

We were investigating whether your buffering was caused directly by the Philips TV model that we found to have a common buffering issue.

Is this still the case? Is the buffering present only when you try to stream on this TV?

When you have the time, please run this test:

Netflix’s Video Streaming Speed Test

Go to fast.com on any browser and wait for the test to run. It’ll look like this when finished:

:exclamation: Make sure to click on “Show More Info” to show the rest of the result:

PS: We don’t have access to your fast.com results, so please copy and paste them here, or send us a screenshot.

Also, as a heads-up, because you changed your internet plan, Data Saver has been disabled – so that’s also not the cause of the buffering.

Would you like me to reset it with the previous speeds?

Yes the last time the issue was data usage, that was the old account,
We where promised that if we went to the business account there would be no
issue with the data usage or buffering. And the buffering only seems to have gotten worse !!!

Okay run the test. Can you turn on the Data Saver?

Hi @jesiekatt62

Actually your first issue being data usage was basically solved by Data Saver – you were saving up more of your high-speed data in comparison to the previous periods. After the switch from the Roku TV to the Philips TV, the buffering began, even with Data Saver turned off, and good speeds from your modem, which suggested to us that your Philips TV is unfortunately one of the models proven to have a buffering issue on the TV itself, regardless of internet service provider.

We didn’t know you were in contact to switch accounts because of buffering and data usage and I apologize for that, if you’d gotten in contact with us again we would have continued the troubleshooting from before. You didn’t reply after, so we assumed the buffering had stopped. A business account in your specific case (a healthy account with saved-up data) makes absolutely no difference, and I’m sorry that you were told otherwise.

Please run the test first on fast.com, when you have the time – if you’re reaching good speeds, we can turn on Data Saver to help you save your high-speed data.

From what I see right now, your business account is as healthy as your previous residential account, so if you also have the time to run a full speed diagnosis just to double-check that, it would be very helpful.

How to run the video streaming test

Go to fast.com on any browser and wait for the test to run. It’ll look like this when finished:

:exclamation: Make sure to click on “Show More Info” to show the rest of the result:

PS: We don’t have access to your fast.com results, so please copy and paste them here, or send us a screenshot.

How to run the full speed diagnosis (necessary after changing accounts, because we have no recent results for this new equipment)

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

I’m leaving your replies here from the original post so that we don’t lose them in the other customer’s conversation:

PS:

Do you mean that your results on fast.com were 31 Mbps? That is your video download speed, and 31 Mbps is good – your plan is a Choice 35 Mbps, so you’re getting around the expected speed on the video streaming part.

A connection of only 3 Mbps would already be enough to watch high-quality videos without buffering.

Are you only using Amazon Prime Video to stream? Is that platform buffering or other streaming apps?

As I mentioned on our old topic, your Philips TV model unfortunately is one of many devices in which Amazon Prime Video doesn’t allow the manual changing of video quality.

I also have a TV in which I can’t change Prime’s video quality, and many other devices suffer from this. It’s a functionality that Amazon sometimes doesn’t offer to specific models.

By the way, do you have any other device on which you can test streaming videos? Besides the Philips TV and your laptop.

It’s possible that your buffering is coming from the devices and not the other way around (as I mentioned with the Philips TV).

NOW I CAN’T EVEN LOG INTO Viasat - Support Forum
I’m told that there is no account with my user name. That has all ways been the same!
and was used for hours Thursday. Why?

Hi @jesiekatt62

Can you send us a screenshot of this login error you’re seeing?

There is no account with the Username [redacted].

If you registered using an email, use this to login

Hi @jesiekatt62

You’re currently using the full email address to login.
Do you get the same error if you try only the username jesiekatt62 ?

YES! I’ve tried both ways!

Just to double-check, are you using the option “Login with MyViasat”?

It may be worth changing your password using this option below the login box:

This is not an option it does not recognize the user name

We have no other devices in this house!
Just to double-check, are you using the option “Login with MyViasat”?

This is not an option, no where does this even come up to try.

I’ve tried [redacted] (is what it has been for years with Viasat) & jesiekatt62 neither are recognised

&