Buffering on business account

Hi @jesiekatt62

That’s the login page for https://forum.viasat.com/ – is this the same URL that shows up for you?

When you go to https://forum.viasat.com/, click here:

and then this shows up:

I am in the Viasat Forum but can’t login to My Viasat.
My Viasat is the one that does not recognize the user name [redacted]
I can’t look up my account or view it. Only talk to Viasit Forum support.

Sorry I have to start cooking for Christmas Dinner, but I prayfully I can contu trying to resolve these issues Jan 2,
when I can get back online to deal with all this mess.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi @jesiekatt62

It’s possible that the MyViasat app was momentarily offline or going through a system update. I’ll wait for you to try again, happy holidays until then! :slight_smile:

You asked me if "Is this still the case? Is the buffering present only when you try to stream on this TV?

No the buffering is the internet on the laptop as well.
We have no other devices in this house.

Hi @jesiekatt62

On which websites or streaming platforms do you notice this buffering?

We usually try TUBI or FREEVE, We pay to Viasat $175 a month and can’t afford to pay
for any other platforms to watch.

Hi @jesiekatt62

Are you using only TUBI and FREEVE on the laptop as well? Or do other platforms buffer?

Could you try accessing another platform such as Youtube for about a minute and seeing if the buffering happens on the same scale?

Also, does buffering happen all throughout the video’s length with multiple intervals, or only when you start the stream?

I’ve found multiple results for both FREEVE and TUBI buffering on Google.com, so this issue may be linked to the apps themselves, if you only experience buffering when using those two.

You have a connection that is much higher than the necessary minimum to watch videos of any quality (that would be 3 Mbps only), and your fast.com results are also very good. You have almost all of your high-speed data left so you’re not on standard (sometimes slower) data either.

Have you tried connecting either the laptop or the TV with a direct cable to the modem, and testing the apps again?

It does not matter what platform is used. I can’t afford to subscribe to other platforms due to the $175 THAT WE HAVE TO PAY!
I GIVE UP WITH VIASAT IT IS ALL WAY SOME OTHER REASON THE BUFFERING MIGHT BE.
IT MIGHT BE A MEATERLIGHT AS WELL! THAT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.
WE ONLY HAVE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH EVER SINCE WE HAVE HAD VIASAT!
IF THERE WAS ANOTHER PROVIDER FOR THIS ADDRESS I WOULD CHANGE !!!
VIASAT IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER USED!!!

Hi @jesiekatt62

Youtube is free to use, which is why I asked you to test if there’s any buffering when you use that site, either on your TV or your laptop.

I never watch YouTube on my laptop just the TV and Youtube is the only one that buffers the least. My laptop buffers while shopping at stores like Macy’s or WalMarts I am home bound disabled and do just about all my shopping online for home delivery.

Hi @jesiekatt62

Four questions –

1. Do you know the model of your laptop?
  2. Do you know which operating system is installed on it?
  3. Which browser are you using to navigate these stores?
  4. Can you send us a screenshot of when the shopping page is buffering?

The buffering you mentioned when shopping is most likely a slow loading time of the whole page. This could happen with an old device, regardless of the internet speed.