Viasat voice service

I am hoping someone that uses viasat voice can help. I called viasat but could not understand the representative trying to explain things to me. She had a thick accent.

If you use voice what are your thoughts? When you plug the phone into the modem what is the phone number? Is the $39.95 monthly cost the full cost for unlimited calls locally and long distance? Are there additional add on charges? If I get lousy wifi calling on my cell, will getting voice result in lousy reception? Do I just buy a wireless land phone, plug it in to the modem and the phone works?

Any help will be most appreciated.

Hi @Al_Fuller,

It looks like you are looking for other customer’s opinions, which is ok.

Anyway, I have escalated some of these questions to our Viasat Voice team and hope to have some answers that might be useful. I will let you know when I hear back.

Thanks,

Nacho

Thank You Nacho, I welcome opinions from anyone that can answer.

Nacho, any luck with responses?

Hi @Al_Fuller,

Sorry about the slow reply. Here is the information I was able to gather:

1. The phone number should have been assigned when the account was first installed, but if you can’t find it we can provide it. Just let me know and I can send it over a private message.
  2. Viasat Voice costs a $35.00 flat monthly fee (plus local taxes) which includes unlimited calling to all 50 states, plus Canada. That said, other international calls will have additional costs, you can find more information here - https://www.viasat.com/content/dam/us-site/residential/documents/VSvoiceCallRate_Sheet_1.pdf
  3. Viasat Voice should be more reliable than Wi-Fi Calling, because voice traffic is prioritized within our network. Additionally, with Wi-Fi Calling you could have Wi-Fi issues that negatively affect the experience, which shouldn’t be a problem with voice.
  4. You can just plug in you can just plug in your phone into the phone port on the Viasat modem and you should be good to go.

Thanks,

Nacho

Thank you and I look forward to the response to the last question. If I understand correctly when our service was installed 7 years ago a phone number was included, even though we didnt sign up for the voice service?

Hi @Al_Fuller,

I was able to confirm that yes, you can just plug in your phone into the phone port on the Viasat modem and you should be good to go!

Also, we noticed that a phone number hadn’t been assigned to your account, so our Viasat Voice team just assigned you a new one, which I will send via a private message.

Thanks,

Nacho