Viasat voice false charging

I have been a customer for going on 2 years now. today is the first time I’ve actually ever looked on at bill, because I am on autopay. Needless to say, I have been being charged for $35 for 2 years now for Viasat voice and NEVER added this to my account or used this. As well as “other services for” and “one time charge” for $9.99 for 2 years. This needs to be addressed and fixed and made right for all these false payments I’ve been charged.

Hi, @audraauten,

Thanks for your message, and sorry for the bad experience.

Please call the customer care line at 855-463-9333. Billing issues are normally handled by them (here in the forum we’re more focused on technical stuff).

After you call them, let us know here. We can try clarify something or escalate the issue to another team, if needed.

The same thing has happened to us. They finally took the phone off and just put the cx service fee instead, the only change that was made. It took me making a post here to get anything accomplished. So whoever is in charge here, kudos. 80$ bill as opposed to 297$. its going back up but I’m hoping the right one sees these problems. shine

Same thing has happened to me and they WON’T take it off. I have never received the equipment for the phone service, never had the phone service, but I am being charged for it. The billing department refused to take it off period.

Hi, @jonettareed1 and @Jestapher,

Unfortunately, we only provide technical assistance in the forum and can’t help with billing/account problems.

You should be able to remove the service by calling the customer care line.

@Jestapher, when did you call to try removing the service? I can try to check if there was any mistake.

Thanks

I have tried several times. First time was around November 2023. I stopped trying around February 2024.

Hi @Jestapher

I’ve escalated your issue to an internal team to check what happened with your Voice service. We’ll let you know as soon as they have any feedback for us.

Hi again @Jestapher

I’ve sent you a private message regarding this issue. Please let us know if you don’t receive it.

For public knowledge, closing this topic as the Forum doesn’t deal with non-technical issues (i.e. Account/Billing, add-ons etc.)

If you have a similar issue, please get in touch with Customer Care for Residential Customers at 855-463-9333.