Very slow upload speed .52

Suppose to be up to 5mbps I consistantly get only 0.52

Hi, @jogaius,

Thanks for your message! I’m checking that now. Once I have some feedback I let you know.

Hi, @jogaius,

I did some checks and tests, and I can see good speeds now:

Apparently, everything is ok. When you have a chance, please run a speed test from your modem, as follows:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)

By following those steps, we’ll have access to the test results, which will help us investigate the issue.

If you can’t download the Viasat browser for any reason, then please run the test and send us a screenshot of the results.

Thanks!

followed instructions and got 134 down and 5.02 up - looks like I’ll be using the viasat browser from now on
Thanks jogaius

Hi @jogaius,

You could possibly be experiencing a Wi-Fi issue, how far from the modem were you when you got that first bad result?

It would be useful to see a complete speed diagnosis that includes the speeds from the modem. I see that all the tests you ran so far don’t have those values:

I’m not sure why the test from the modem didn’t run automatically, could you please try logging out of Speed Check, then logging back in, and trying to run another test?

Thanks,

Nacho

My issue seems resolved - as soon as I switched to the viasat browser my speeds were great
Thanks jogaius

Hi @jogaius,

The Viasat Browser does load pages faster, but it wouldn’t have an overall effect on the internet speeds you receive on your modem or device, so I’m not sure that it was the browser that solved your issue.

Anyway, if the speeds are good now, that’s great! Please let us know if any issues arise in the future, we are happy to help.

Thanks,

Nacho