VERY_SLOW speeds

When we signed up for Viasat, speeds were 90Mbps, which my wife needs to work from home. Most times I do a speed check, when pages, movies and videos won’t load, it is around 10-20Mbps. We are paying for faster speeds, but aren’t getting them. We have to re-boot our modem almost daily, which messes with my wifes computer equipment and she has to re-boot all of it as well, in a certain order. We are considering Starlink as an alternative to$300/month for SSSLLLOOOWWW speeds._

Hi @k4stl ,

We apologize for the situation. Could you answer a few questions before we can proceed with a deeper investigation?

1. Are you experiencing bad speeds all day long or are these happening during a specific period of the day?
  2. Could you describe what happens when you need to reboot your modem?
  3. Next time you’re experiencing the reported speeds can you please use a laptop or Android phone to run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues.
    You can find the instructions on how to run it here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis

Thanks,
Leonardo

Here is a speed test on Viasat browser.
It is like this all day.

Hi @k4stl

It looks like your modem is currently receiving good speeds (around 70Mbps), but your device did not reach even 20% of that.

Were you far away from the modem when running the test?

I was close to it.

Jon & Laurie Kuehnert

Hi @k4stl ,

Do you have an ethernet cable you can use with a laptop or computer to run it?

Thanks,
Leonardo