Very expensive and extremely slow!

I feel like this internet service should be way better! My speeds get low which then causes me to “Have to” buy more data. Which causes my bill to get higher and higher. I work from home and my kids and I also use streaming services to watch tv and movies. I’ve been with y’all for two weeks and my bill is already 358.00 because I have to continue to buy more data! I’m very disappointed and feeling cheated! You all have to do better! :japanese_goblin:

Hi @laina37,

Sorry about this experience.

I can see that you still have priority data left on this billing cycle and that your Buy More purchases happened on the previous billing cycle. Your current billing cycle started on August 12 and since then you already consumed 227 GB out of your monthly 300 GB, which is a lot in just a few days.

• Have you experienced slow speeds since August 12? If yes, could you please run a full speed diagnosis and share the results with us? Here are some instructions: How to run a speed test from my modem?
  • Given that your data usage is so high, is it ok if I take a look at your usage in order to see if there is any irregular consumption and to provide a recommendation based on that?

Thanks,

Nacho

I definitely do not mind! However I am sure it’s because I work from home! Honestly, 400$ for some internet service is insane! I’m not even receiving no perks or anything!

I see that you have Viasat Stream enabled, so not counting Disney Plus your Real Time Entertainment (video streaming) consumption since Aug 12 appears to be about 140 GB. YouTube, Netflix, TubiTV, Amazon Video, and TikTok account for 63% of your usage since Aug 12.

In order for you to save data, I would recommend joining our Data Saver feature experiment: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

It’s actually plugged up to my modem

You mean the Viasat Stream device is plugged into your modem?

Viasat Stream so far will only help you stream certain content on Disney Plus without counting against your data allowance, but all other streaming platforms will use up your data.

Hi, @laina37,

Please, when you have a chance run a speed test from your modem, as @Nacho mentioned above. You’ll need to follow these steps:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test
5 - Download the results (or take a screenshot)
6 - Send us the results in a direct message

Regarding the data usage, please consider participating in the data saver experiment. The goal of this experimental feature is to decrease the data usage from streaming apps (which is the type of traffic that is consuming most of your data).

To have the data saver, take the following steps: