Speeds are slow

Speed is slow as crap. I just switched to viasat 2 days ago because of this, hope this isn’t a sign to come, help!

Hi @krewchief25,

I’m really sorry to hear about this bad experience.

I’ll take a look at your case and come back with updates soon.

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @krewchief25,

Upon running a speed test from your modem I see good results:

I know this doesn’t represent your experience therefore I’d like to ask for some help on your side so I can understand the speeds you are receiving.

For that please follow this tutorial: How to run a speed test from my modem?. You should be able to run a few speed tests from your modem.

Please make sure to:
1 - Use the Viasat Browser
2 - Be logged in to your MyViasat account.

These are required so we can grab all the information we need to troubleshoot your case.

Also, as a last question on this post, how often do you experience bad speeds? Do they happen all day long or in specific moments of the day?

Thank you,
Avner

Around 9pm sunday night

Hi @krewchief25,

It seems like you are accessing the wrong version of our speed tests app, the screenshot you’ve taken shows you were using our test instance.

Please access our app using this link: https://speedcheck.viasat.com/.

Also make sure to follow all the steps in this tutorial: How to run a speed test from my modem?.

For us to get all the metrics we need you have to use the Viasat Browser and you need to be logged in to your MyViasat account. You can find all the details on the tutorial, please let me know if you have any questions regarding this process.

Thank you,
Avner

I had test that were half the download speed of this but hadn’t figured out how to post them. Tv has been buffering the past 2 nights because of slow speeds!

speed-check-results (2).csv (617 Bytes)

speed-check-results (1).csv (997 Bytes)
speed-check-results (1).csv (997 Bytes)

Hi @krewchief25 ,

I was able to receive your speed tests on my system,
I’ll keep analyzing them and hope to come back with updates soon.

In the meantime, you can keep running theses speed tests using the Viasat Browser so we can keep track of your network behavior.

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @krewchief25 ,

Do you have an ethernet cable you can use? If so, please perform a few new tests using the cable instead of Wi-Fi.

Thanks,
Leonardo

No i don’t have an ethernet cable i can use!

Hi, @krewchief25,

There was a recent change in your network, could you check if the speeds improved?

I also noted that you ran out of data very quickly. You might want to enable the Data Saver feature if you regularly use streaming apps.

The Data Saver automatically reduces the bandwidth for video downloads, thus helping you keep your priority data for longer.

To learn more about the Data Saver, please visit this link: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

I believe speeds are better! I will keep checking them to make sure!

I was concerned about the data saver because i didn’t know if it would limit my data to the point that my firesticks would buffer just as bad or worse than they have been!