Speed is really slow

I was told there was an outage, could take a couple of hours and I would receive a call back when fixed. No call was received, I’m paying for the highest package I expect better service than what I have been receiving. Then for some reason you cap my data off when I have unlimited. If this it’s fixed by Monday I’m leaving this trash of a company.

Hi @Garrianna_Pratt ,

I’m investigating a few of the factors that might have affected your service. From what I can see, there was a huge drop in signal quality from 2 PM to 8 PM EST on April 18th, which seems to have been caused by the weather, but it has since normalized, so if the internet has been bad after this point in time there could be other issues as well, but we’ll have to investigate it to make sure.

When you get a chance can you please run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation.

I’d also like to ask a few questions to better understand your situation:

1. When you noticed the drop in internet performance, what time of the day was it? Have you noticed if it only slows down during that period or does it happen during the whole day?
  2. Have you been using Wi-FI or ethernet to connect to the modem? If you’ve been using Wi-Fi, would it be possible for you to try with an ethernet cable?

Thanks,
Leonardo