New customer, slow speed, please help!

I’m a new customer, I’ve had this service less than a month and I’m not yet familiar with it. I’m running painfully slow speeds, averaging 5.4 download speeds and 4.6 upload speed. Can someone please help me improve my speed?

Hi @amybellino

Sorry about this experience you’re having with Viasat. :confused:

I’m going to have a look at your account and check whether your setup has any underlying issue.

On a sidenote, I see that you’ve already run a few speedcheck.viasat.com tests, thanks!
Did you run all of these tests from the same device?

Whenever you have time, could you please run a few more tests, but during different periods of the day? I noticed that all the tests, although from different days, were run at more or less the exact same hour/minute.

I’ll update you as soon as I have more information regarding your issue!

Hi again @amybellino

While investigating your account, we identified a bad weather event on April 12th that seems to have caused some issues with your setup.

Your antenna is slightly mispointed, and your modem is suffering many drops due to this, along with bad signal quality. This may be the cause of your slow speeds on both device and modem tests.

You might want to consider attempting a self-repoint.

You can find information about self-repoints here: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

If a self-repoint doesn’t sound viable, then we can look into requesting a technician visit to fix your setup and improve your experience.

I cannot do a self repoint but I do have the “easy-care” coverage that should take care of sending out a technician. How do we go about setting that up?

Hi @amybellino

I’ve put in a request for a service call to fix these issues. As you have EasyCare, this is free of charge.

The Field Operations team will call you as soon as possible to schedule this visit.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @amybellino

You’re very welcome! :slight_smile:

We’re keeping an eye on the service call and will check back with you as soon as it’s completed.

Hi again @amybellino

I see that your service call was completed a few days ago.

How has your connection been since then?