Slow speeds with high speed data

All of the high speed was used up. I just purchased 10 more GB and my speeds are very low.
14 download and less that 1 upload

I need help to improve speeds when I have high speed internet left. Ther are not even close to the contracted speeds for my plan.

• Problem description: Slow speeds in both directions
  • What were you doing?: Using work-related applications

This post was generated on SpeedCheck

Hi @jjasd90,

Sorry about the slow reply.

It looks like you are on a plan that offers download speeds up to 50 Mbps. I just ran a test from your modem and can see good speeds:

When you get a chance could you please run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com/ and share the results with us? This will help us identify/rule-out any Wi-Fi issues. Here are some instructions to run the test (it works on Android phones, Mac and Windows laptops): How to run a speed test from my modem?

Thanks,

Nacho

When I use the ViaSat speed check, I never get a reading like that. Yesterday I never got above a .4 upload and a download speeds that never reached 20.

I need someone out here to look at this.

Hi, @jjasd90,

When you have a chance, please send us the result from a full diagnosis modem speed test, as follows:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test
5 - Download the results (or take a screenshot)
6 - Send me the results in a direct message

That test, if done as described above, will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Why do would I get different readings using your browser compared to others?

Johnny and Julie Frye

Hi @jjasd90,

You won’t get different readings compared to other browsers.
There are some features that are powered by the Viasat browser and, therefore are not available in other browsers.

These features include modem speed tests, Wi-Fi metrics, modem metrics, etc.
They are essential for us to troubleshoot your issue and get a better understanding of your connectivity experience.

That’s why we ask you to access SpeedCheck using the Viasat Browser and log in to your My Viasat account.

Thank you,
Avner