Slow speeds consistently

Speeds consistently below 5 all the time. I have plenty of high speed data remaining but I have never gotten “high” speed since we started the service. Any help would be appreciated

Hi, @daniellangford1,

I’m taking a look at that now. Once I have some feedback I let you know.

Hi, @daniellangford1,

Please send us the result form a modem speed test, as follows:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests – modem and device – to complete)
5 - Download the results (or take a screenshot)
6 - Send us the results

At this time I could not reproduce the bad speeds:

The goal of that test I’m requesting is to check if you have issues with your router.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Here you go

Hi @daniellangford1 ,

Were you using the Viasat browser and connected to your My Viasat account when running that test? I’ve noticed that your modem speeds are missing from the picture

Thanks,
Leonardo

I believe I was but I will try again when I get back home.

Hi @daniellangford1,

If you are using an iPhone then the full diagnosis on Speed Check won’t be supported. Please use an Android phone, Windows or Mac laptop.

Sorry about the inconvenience, we are working to enable this test in iPhones too.

Thanks,

Nacho

I was definitely on my iPhone, I will try on the computer tomorrow

Hi @daniellangford1 ,

Thank you for the confirmation. Once you’re able to run the test please share the result with us.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Here are the results. I ran it several times and the modem came up with the same error each time.

Actually got it this time

Hi @daniellangford1 ,

In the last test where the modem speeds were shown, it seems that your device speeds are much lower than your modem speeds, and this could indicate a Wi-Fi issue. Would it be possible for you to run a new test hooked up directly to the modem via an ethernet cable?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Here is the speeds with an Ethernet cable.

I can’t even watch TV. It pauses to buffer ever few minutes. Nothing else connected but the TV. This is unacceptable

Hi @daniellangford1 ,

According to what I investigated, your signal might be affected by an ongoing issue that our team is already taking care of. We hope it will be resolved soon and we greatly apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Leonardo,
I appreciate your efforts but this has been an ongoing issue since we signed on over a year ago. The service speeds are terrible. I know it’s not your fault but please pass this comment along to management. They need to do better. Dan

1 Like

Hi @daniellangford1 ,

please rest assured that if your speeds continue to be slow after the ongoing issue is resolved we’ll still help you and investigate what is causing this situation.

For now, could you please run a few more tests with the ethernet cable? Please ensure that the Wi-Fi on the device is turned off so that only the ethernet cable is used for connecting to the internet.

Thanks,
Leonardo