I purchase Viasat because I was told it was the best I work from home and I have not been able to get anything to work correctly . I have incredibly slow speeds my download is less than 4 Mbps download and less in upload . I have called Viasat twice they said that my antenna was misaligned my TV has seemed to use up my internet allowance in three days so I disconnected and my husband cell phone I am hard wired into the modem . I had frontier when I lived in town and did not have this issue . I feel like I have been screwed and lied too . They said it would be week before a tech could come out . Thie needs to be fixed
Hi @ninirandy ,
We are very sorry for the delay in replying to you, and also for the bad experience you’ve had. Could you kindly let me know a few pieces of information so that we can better investigate?
- When you use the internet hardwires do the speeds improve?
- You’ve complained about your TV using up all of your data, did you change the quality of the streaming apps? Streaming in higher quality consumes a lot of data, so we recommend lowering the quality to save data, but if you suspect there is something wrong, we can look into your detailed consumption and check if there’s anything wrong.
No the speeds have not improved iam hard wired into the router I use global protect VPN that connects but when I run the necessary browsers I am picking up less then 4mbps I have disconnected my TV from the internet and my cell phone and my husband cell phone are the only things connected. I do not know how to change the picture quality on my TV I own a TCL smart TV I had to buy more data
Hi @ninirandy ,
Regarding the slow speeds results you’ve had:
- Did you notice if the slow speeds happen only when you are out of data or do you get slow speeds regardless of having priority data or not?
- Did you get bad results regardless of the period of the day you were testing?
- Regarding changing picture quality, you have to change it manually in each app you use. We have this guide for a handful of popular apps that might help: How do I manually set video quality at streaming video sites?