Very slow Internet!

I’m a high speed customer. Internet is usually a bit sluggish, but I try to be patient, because it’s by satellite and I don’t have many choices. The past few days are getting intolerable. Streaming shows constantly buffer (whether I chose 2G or 5G), games that previously worked (with again a little patience) are constantly shutting down, saying “no internet available”. Once in awhile? Fine. Once every 5 minutes? Unacceptable! I tried doing a speed test, and it showed 35mps. This is barely above the minimum usable Internet speed of 25 mps! Everything takes forever to load up anymore! I checked my hi-speed useage, and I still supposedly have plenty left. What gives??

Hi @jlci52 ,

I’m really sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Viasat Service.
I will take a look at your case and come back with updates shortly.

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @jlci52 ,

Upon running a speed test from your modem I see good results:

I understand that this doesn’t represent your experience, therefore I’d need your help to troubleshoot your issue and to find a possible reason for it.

Regarding that, I’d like to ask you to run a few speed tests to understand better the speeds you are experiencing.

You can follow this tutorial: How to run a speed test from my modem?.

Make sure to:

1 - Use our website Viasat SpeedCheck
2 - Run the tests using the Viasat Browser
3 - Be logged in with your MyViasat credentials

You can let me know once you run those tests so that I can take a look at the results.

Thank you,
Avner