In the last few days my download speed has dropped from 150 MBPS to 50 MBPS. Web surfing is noticably comprimised. I’m not even close to my data cap. What’s going on here?
Thanks for your message.
I’m investigating that now. Once I have some feedback I let you know.
I just ran some tests and I could not reproduce the bad speeds:
Does the issue happen during any specific time or the entire day?
When you have a chance, please run some speed tests from your modem, as described below:
1 - Open the Viasat browser – this test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)
It’s important to use the Viasat Browser and log in to our speed check app before running the tests. If you do that I’ll be able to see the results too.
I’m asking you to run that test so we can figure out if the problem is related to the router.
Thanks for your cooperation!
I was experiencing poor speeds for most of last week.
I ran a test this morning from Chrome browser using the same test, speedtest.net, I always use and got good results this morning.
Don’t know what changed between most of the past week including Friday and today but speeds are better this morning.
Then I just ran the test on the Viasat browser as you instructed and got good speeds similar to the results from my other test.
I ran the tests on a computer that is hardwired to the modem.
I also ran the tests from my iphone and got similar results
Ok, got it. Thanks for the feedback.
In any case, please let us know if you find any issues again.