Dissatisfied customer

We all are suffering the extremely super slow standard, I can stream from 1am to 4:45pm and then boom tablet and tv can’t connect or buffer or just will not play. I paid for extra high speed data and even upgrading my package. And still sloooow speed. I got better Internet with att hotspot.

Hi, @lavone302,

Thanks for the message, and sorry for the bad experience.

I’ll investigate that now, and once I have some feedback I’ll let you know.

Hi, @lavone302,

Apparently there is no issue with the equipment and nothing is affecting your service area.

When you have a chance, please run some speed tests from your modem, as follows:
1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)

By doing that, I’ll be able to check if you have any issues related to Wi-Fi.

Hi @lavone302

Were you able to run the Full Speed Diagnosis that my colleague requested? :slight_smile:

If you need additional instructions, please follow this guide:

• Download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

https://speedcheck.viasat.com//result/lgfJqs6KVSCJnCLf5nrv

1 Like

Hello again @lavone302

Thanks for the results!
I see that you’ve run 2 tests on speedcheck.viasat.com.

The first one from January 19 was actually run on the network Verizon Business, and not Viasat, with a download speed result of 3.31 Mbps. Could that have been the network you were using to stream?

Your second result, January 20, was run on the Viasat network and shows download speeds of 75 Mbps to 90 Mbps, which is much higher than your plan’s expected speed of 50 Mbps.

Considering your device speed is almost reaching twice your plan speeds, that’s good news!

But it would also help to have more tests to crosscheck, at least one from each period. It’s possible that these speeds are fluctuating, and one test alone can’t prove whether you’re actually maintaining that high speed or it was just a fluctuation.

This one was run during the night, so if possible, could you run at least one other Full Speed Diagnosis during the morning and one during the afternoon?

Thank you!

Nathalia

One other thing, when you ran the test on January 20, were you able to stream and surf the web normally or were you still experiencing buffering and slow speeds?

Hi again @lavone302

We identified some possible fixes for your internet setup and made a change in your network configuration. This fix will go into effect one hour from now. If you run the speed tests later, you may already see the difference.

I have also added 30GBs of high-speed data to your account free of charge – please ignore any email thanking you for the purchase.

Your only issue was probably not having high-speed data, as you mentioned yourself, so I think it’s a good idea to take a look at our free Data Saver Feature Experiment: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

This is very helpful for customers who spend much of their high-speed data with streaming apps – with higher control of your streaming speed, you won’t fall into standard data so quickly, and you’ll be able to maintain very high speeds when in conjunction with this new network change we’ve made to your account.

Hi again @lavone302

I see that your tech visit was completed successfully yesterday, resulting also in a change of equipment. I had originally sent you a private message regarding this tech visit, as we found some issues with your hardware, but I believe you didn’t see it yet.

In any case, as the hardware issue is resolved, and you’re back with high-speed data, hopefully you will have an improved connection from now on. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Nathalia

Thank you and no I did not see the email. So far it seems to be working.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @lavone302,

I’m marking this topic as solved, but feel free to create a new topic in case you find any issues.

Thanks