Slow Internet and can't work

Hi @gina.smith729

Sorry, we weren’t aware of your plan change – this was activated on February 8, right?

The situation may change with the new modem. I see that the add-on “Enhanced Wifi” comes with your new plan, so the technician may be bringing you an external router called ARIA.

This may also help your case with the TVs if we can connect to the ARIA instead of the modem, as you mentioned that the EERO doesn’t show up on your TV’s Wi-Fi list.

The TV you have may not support the EERO, or it may be a Wi-Fi channel mismatch (which happens often).

Your tech visit is scheduled for the afternoon of February 19 – hopefully after that, we can see some better speeds from your TV.

If possible, please ask the technician who arrives whether he can already leave your TV connected to the ARIA instead of the Viasat modem – it’ll be very quick and if they can help you out, then it’ll be easier for you to just test the connection later :slight_smile:

Thank you for all your assistance with this. I was wondering if perhaps the new equipment might make a difference, and I will also inquire about the eero’s as again I think I have them connected correctly but not sure. But at least I can start over with them after the new equipment Monday if needed.

Hopefully this will solve a lot :blush: (fingers crossed)

Thank you again!

Hi @gina.smith729

You’re very welcome!!

We’ll be keeping an eye on your tech visit and check back with you as soon as it’s completed.

If you need any assistance in the meantime, let us know :wink:

So this “Arie” was installed Monday and I have to say I am not the least impressed. While my computer seems to be better as far as speed (a little better on video calls); the televisions still leave a lot to be desired. Now they are buffering at all times of the day, and I cannot watch anything that I have ‘taped’ to watch later. It buffers so bad I give up even trying.

I have to say I am about ready to disconnect the Arie and go back to what at least semi worked.

Hi @gina.smith729

Sorry to hear that… Yes, if the ARIA Router is not helping out at all (and rather kind of making things worse), it’s perfectly fine to unplug it and use your EERO setup.

They have different technologies so what helps in one individual case may not always solve another :frowning_face:

So with the addition of the router, did all the tweaks previously made go away?

A perfectly beautiful day today and I can’t work on my PC which is directly connected to the modem. This is ridiculous and unacceptable even at a lower price!

Hi @gina.smith729 ,

I understand your frustration, and I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing. Regarding your question about the tweaks made previously, adding a router shouldn’t erase any adjustments made, but it is worth checking if your devices are connected to the proper networks like you have done before.

Upon reviewing the recent Speed Check test you ran, it appears that the download speed is not up to par. Did you run this test from your PC that is directly connected to the modem?

It seems that the speeds reported from your modem do not align with the experience you’re having. To further investigate, could you please run a complete Speed Check test on the Viasat Browser? This way we can compare the speeds obtained from your device with those from the modem.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Isabela

Please see attached for results of speed test; not real good :frowning:

Viasat Speed Check _ 02 29 24.pdf (277 KB)

Hi @gina.smith729 ,

I can see that the download speed is very unsatisfactory. I’m curious to know if this issue persists consistently throughout the day or if it’s more pronounced during specific time frames.

Could you please monitor the network performance over different periods and share your observations here? If possible, run Speed Check tests during these times as well.

Thanks,
Isabela

I haven’t complained for a while, but……this week has been absolutely horrible. Attached are speed tests I just ran and it’s a beautiful sunny day outside

Viasat Speed Check _ 05 05 24.pdf (280 KB)

Hi @gina.smith729

I see that your last 2 results are not actually bad:

On the bottom one, the modem speed was higher than your plan (30Mbps), and in the top one, the device speed was over 20Mbps. Although we can’t see the modem speed on the last result, those are both good speeds.

Are you using any external Router, or only the Viasat modem’s Wi-Fi? It’s possible that your signal is not strong enough to reach your device (hence the slower device vs modem speed). I recall you had an ARIA installed, but I can’t tell if this is currently connected to your modem.

Yes the aria is still connected. I have had lots of buffering and slowness the last couple of weeks

Hi @gina.smith729

When you mention buffering, is that on a specific video streaming platform?

In general, your speeds are good enough for streaming and browsing the internet (with an occasional drop):

Do you still have your setup connected with both an EERO and the ARIA? You don’t need to combine them – you can use only the EERO’s network and unplug the ARIA.