Ridiculously slow speeds

Hi @stacies,

I’m sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Indeed I can see that your area has some congestion during peak busy hours, which could cause bad speeds as you were told. Our engineers are already aware of the situation and we are working on a long-term solution.

But there’s the possibility of having other issues that could combine into a worse experience, therefore we need to investigate further. You mentioned you are receiving 2-3mps speeds, I’d like you to run a speed test on these bad connectivity moments in order to identify other possible issues.

When you have time, can you please run a few tests using the guide below?

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

A full tutorial can be seen at: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?.

Thank you,
Avner