Poor performance

For the last week or so performance has been horrible. About 1MB download, and less than .5 up. This is crazy… can I please get a resolution on this?

Hi @Rich ,

We are very sorry for the issues you are having. When you get a chance can you please run a complete speed diagnosis using https://speedcheck.viasat.com? This will help us get a full reading on the speed situation and allow us to identify/rule out Wi-Fi issues.

You can find instructions on how to run the test here: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi Leonardo, here’s the csv of the latest results. I am direct wired to the modem, so no wifi to consider.

Things were a bit better earlier today, AM… but as the day wears on it gets progressively worse. Pretty much unusable now.
speed-check-results-00a0bc6e3e80.csv (10.5 KB)

Morning, I continue to have exceptionally poor performance. I need to get some further assistance with this please. Y’all are billing me for a service that is barely useable.

Hi @Rich

Sorry for the slow reply.

I was investigating your case over the weekend, and I believe there’s a fix we can try for your speeds.

I’ve made some changes to your network configuration, and they will go into full effect 1 hour from now.

After that, could you please run more Speed Checks, during different periods of the day?

Thank you!

Yes, I will - thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

Unplugged modem, let it sit for 5 minutes, then brought it back up. Also did a cold boot on my system. Results are significantly improved, thank you! Latest results attached. Will be interesting to see if this maintains as we go into the evening & night, as it has been degrading through the day. Appreciate the attention to this
speed-check-results-00a0bc6e3e80.csv (11.5 KB)
!

1 Like

I’m back to poor performance again. The tweak from last week helped, but apparently it was temporary. Latest test results attached. And I did do a hard reset on the modem this evening.
speed-check-results-00a0bc6e3e80.csv (10.8 KB)

Struggling here, can’t work. Almost 0 on the download. Really need to resolution please, asap.
speed-check-results-00a0bc6e3e80.csv (15.8 KB)

@Leo replying to the existing thread… do I need to create a new one, since my previous issue from 2 weeks ago was (temporarily) resolved? Thanks

Hi @Rich

Sorry for the delay in replying. Also, thank you for the results!

We’ll analyze them and get back to you as soon as possible.

For public knowledge, this issue has been moved to: Terrible performance