No service after storm

My service has been out since Saturday May 4 and can’t get an appointment until May 21 to repair I live in a very rural area and also have my phone service through Viasat the only way we can make a call is to drive up the road to get a cell signal so if we had an emergency we would be in trouble! I’ve been on the phone for hours this week with customer service to get a sooner date but had no luck I’ve been told 3 times it’s been escalated and I would receive a call within 24 to 48 hours but never received a call back how can I get some help??

Hi @matt_t

Sorry about this situation.

I can see on the notes of your service call that the Field Operations team is aware of your appointment being too far away and that you need a sooner date.

I couldn’t find the original escalation, so I’m opening one from our side.

Unfortunately, the Field Ops team doesn’t work weekends, so they’ll only be able to reply tomorrow… but I will let you know as soon as they have an update regarding the schedule.

This will be the fifth time I’ve been told it will be escalated I even have the confirmation # from Wednesday how is it possible to have an issue “escalated” four times and get no response and you as customer service have no record if it! So pardon me if I sound sceptical but I’ve been told rest assured we will get you taken care of

Hi @matt_t

Sorry for the confusion. The Customer Care team and the Forum team aren’t the same – we only deal with technical issues.

We escalate directly (internally) to the Field Operations team. This is what I meant when I couldn’t find the original one – it was escalated by Customer Care.

If you have the number for the original escalation, I can try to find its status on our system. Like I mentioned, there is a note on your work order about it, so they are trying to find a sooner date. Sometimes technicians’ schedules are full and it takes a bit longer.

A second escalation usually helps in this situation, as we have easier access to the Field team.

The confirmation number I was given for the escalation Wednesday is 7783543504A

1 Like

Hi @matt_t

I’ve found an open escalation with Customer Care requesting that you be given credit for the downtime after the service call is completed.

I couldn’t find anything else with that ID (it’s possible they misplaced a number when informing you), but there were already notes between Field Ops agents that your service call be expedited.

Besides my own escalation yesterday, there is also one pending by a Field Ops agent from May 10th.

I know this is far from the ideal situation, and we hope to have some feedback from either of these requests later today. As soon as there are any updates, either we at the Forum or the agents from Customer Care will get in touch with you.

Sorry about the delay in resolving your issue, and thank you for your patience.

Hi @matt_t

I see that your service is online as of May 15th.
How has your connection been since then?

In my system, your work order was still scheduled for May 21st, and it seems you called to cancel yesterday – but there is also data about a service call being completed on May 15th.

Did the Field Operations team manage to get a sooner date directly with you?

In any case, we’re glad to see your modem back up and running!
Please let us know if you need any additional help with this issue.