Need replacement modem

Internet keeps kicking us off, saying cant get IP address and have to do a reset every time we leave the house and come back to connect. Cable going into modem is extremely loose. I called to have a replacement sent out but she said i would have to do some troubleshooting first. The problem with that is we live out in the middle of nowhere with no phone service so I can’t call while home and do her “tests”! We have been dealing with this for months!!! I need replacement modem sent out or will cancel our service immediately. This is absolutely ridiculous to have basically no internet but pay $146.85 each month. When i run diagnostic test it shows everything is fine but I promise it definitely is not fine!!

attachments

Hi @briana.neal77 ,

I’ve requested a service call for you.

The Field Team will get in touch as soon as possible to schedule this visit.

They’ll contact you using the phone number and/or email address associated with the account, so please keep an eye out for any calls or texts.

We’ll keep track of this service call and check back in with you as soon as it’s complete.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance in the meantime!

Thank you so much! I could not get her to understand that I don’t have the ability to call from home. Even if the internet is working correctly we only limited wifi calling with delay which makes it difficult to communicate! I will try to keep a lookout for service call appointment. Text is the best for sure way for me to get it! Any idea on an estimated time frame?

Hi @briana.neal77, the Field Team should be reaching out to you today or tomorrow morning.

In the meanwhile, I’ve checked with our internal modem team and they have recently rebooted your modem. Could you check how it performs now and see if the problem still persists?

I have talked with the technician and he is working us in and will be here tomorrow. Thank you for your prompt assistance!

Hi @briana.neal77

I see that your service call was completed successfully! :tada:

How has your connection been since then?

By the way, just as a heads-up @briana.neal77

It looks as though the speedcheck you sent us is from another network, not Viasat – but rather AT&T.

It also looks like the test was not run using the Viasat browser, so we couldn’t verify your modem speeds at the same time, and we also have no access to this result

In the future, if you still need assistance with speed issues, please try to follow the tutorial for running a full advanced speedcheck with the necessary steps: How to run a complete speed diagnosis

This test has to be run using a laptop or Android phone, on https://speedcheck.viasat.com, with the Viasat Browser, and while you are logged in to the speedcheck tool.

Thanks!

Connection has been great since our gateway was replaced. The technician said he couldn’t believe our internet was working at all! Thank you so much for your help!!

1 Like