No Internet dish misaligned

Having issues with viasat Internet. Paid my bill and haven’t had service for couple weeks was told a tech would come out they never showed up called viasat company back they said the appointment was cancelled but it infact was not cancelled by me so I scheduled another tech appointment for this week. In the mean time I’m receiving calls and text from a viasat technician who wanted to first charge me $150.00 to come out I had explained to him that I had a work order in he then asked if I would pay him $100.00 to come out today which I have the free service thing they offer for any issues now mind you the same guy who is contacting me is the same guy who installed the viasat in my house I feel as tho I’m being scammed into paying for a service that should be free also I paid my bill I should have a month of service but I haven’t had any connection at all and now it says I owe another bill due on the 7th of June for 96$ and some change why am I being charged for this when can’t even use it and secondly why is there no one coming to fix my issues

Hi @rbw,

I took a look at your account and see that in the notes for your service call it says that a technician visited your house yesterday (May 29) at 6pm and that you weren’t home. Is this true?

What you are describing sounds irregular, as far as I know technicians should not be charging for service calls on their own. When did you last hear from this technician that was trying to charge you?

Thanks,

Nacho

That is not true at all nobody came to my house yesterday the technician who actually installed the Visa internet in my home has been the technician that has been in contact with me he was trying to charge me $150 to come out to my house to fix it when I told him I already had a work order in he said that he was looking at the thing on his little tablet or whatever that there was no work order that he could come out for $100 now and I told him no I will not be home I will be at work I says I have a work order in for May 31st from 11:00 to 2:00 p.m. and you all well I see no I see your work order in her now but have you gotten a phone call from anybody I can come out for $100 right now and I told him that I have the easy care that I don’t have to pay and he goes oh well I’m not I’m not going to come out for for free blah blah blah and it’s the same technician who installed the service at my house I have a text messaging proof of it

No that is not true at all no one came to my home what do ever

Hi @rbw,

Sorry about this experience. I see that your new service call was scheduled for June 7.

I know it’s a long wait until then, so perhaps this article could be useful, in case it seems possible for you to repoint your antenna on your own before then: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

If it seems viable, please let me know and I can send you an install key.

Thanks,

Nacho

Not sure if I know how or can do this. I did read the directions but I’m not a tech savvy person by any means. And would rather be done by professional.

@rbw, no worries, I understand. We will check with you again once the service call is completed on June 7 to make sure your internet is back up and running.

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @rbw

I see that your service call was completed successfully! :tada:

How has your connection been since then?

Yes the service technician came yesterday and he done a wonderful job. It is working now

1 Like