Modem or lnb gone bad - replacement?

I tried repointing the dish. LNB doesn’t beep at all. I haven’t had internet since Aug/Sept 23’. Is there cost to replace modem or lnb? I replaced both and they cost alot a few years back. I’m in rural Alaska. We do not have a technician. I kept this for backup internet but paying 166 for 100gb with the equipment Lease Fee. About to cancel.

Hi @billy,

Did you connect a laptop to your Viasat Modem, access the modem interface and put your modem in “pointing & peaking mode”? You will need to enter the install key we sent you over Direct Message to do that.

Once the modem is successfully in pointing and peaking mode you will be able to see that on your laptop screen and your antenna will start beeping. Make sure that the coaxial cable that connects your modem to the actual antenna is properly tightened.

This video VS1 - Point and Peak step 1 - Configuring Modem and TRIA » Viasat eGuide is pretty useful for the step I described above, in case you haven’t seen it yet.

If this doesn’t help I can take a look at the cost to get a truck roll in your location.

Thanks,

Nacho

i had it connected to my pc. does it need to be a laptop?

A PC should work fine :slight_smile: