Satellite dish is not properly aligned

Having an issue with dish placement and I make a call and there is no one to come out and fix it!!! The woman was telling me it could be up to 2 weeks!!! This is absolutely crazy, I pay a monthly bill on time and they cant even give me a date for service how is that fair???

Hi @alexisclouse1,

Sorry about this experience.

I can make an attempt to expedite this technician visit, I will contact our field operations team and let you know when I hear back from them.

However, I don’t see any indications that your antenna is necessarily mispointed (usually it’s possible to see a progression of the degrading signal quality metrics) but maybe it was suddenly shifted by bad weather?

Could you please check that your modem is properly connected to 1. the wall outlet and 2. the coax cable coming from the antenna?

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @alexisclouse1,

If those recommendations I sent earlier don’t help, could you please also try manually resetting your modem? In order to do so you will need to press and hold the button in the back of your modem for 10 seconds.

Also, if your antenna is in a safe-to-reach location, it could be a possibility for you to attempt repointing it. Please read this article to learn more about this process and let me know if it sounds viable so that I send you an Install Key: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @alexisclouse1,

It looks like your technician visit was scheduled for Monday Oct 23 at noon.

Please let us know if everything comes back to normal after the visit.

Thanks,

Nacho