Internet got spotty & slow

Our internet went from decent to absolutely terrible after upgrading to the better, unlimited plan. I can’t even log into bank accounts because of delay & multipl connection loss’s.
This is logged in directly to the modems wifi.
Do I need another download or revision of this package?

Hi @Honabarger,

It looks like your antenna is a bit mispointed. You might be able to repoint it on your own, please take a look at this article: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

If you think that won’t be doable, we can request a technician visit for you.

Thanks,

Nacho

Repoint is not a problem, how do I see signal strength on my phone. APP?

Hi @Honabarger,

Unfortunately the My Viasat app doesn’t provide a detailed description of the signal quality on your antenna. However on our agent-facing troubleshooting tools I can see this antenna mispoint alert:

These are your speeds at this time:

These are the speeds of another healthy account without the mispoint alert in your same network segment:

1 Like

Thank You. Just went through the technition instal app with key. & 9.1db is still the highest SNR. Azimuth and Elevation both peaked. Line of site perfectly clear & not a cloud in the sky. Ever since download to modem for account upgrade to unlimited data. Today the excuse is outage in the area that will be resolved in 5 hrs. BS, it’s been 9db for 2 weeks since the download. No help for tech support reading out of their manual. I’ll be damned if I’m taking chance of them charging me for repair tech when it’s their equipment.

Hi @Honabarger

I see that you posted earlier on another topic – Dish out of align

Were you able to repoint using the other app? MITE has been a bit troublesome lately and we’re working on getting it fixed.

I can no longer see the antenna mispoint warning on your account.

Have you run any speed tests since then, to check if the connection has improved?
Are you still experiencing slowness?

Hello, my speeds after going through the peaking procedures with the key are 40 download & 6 upload. Finally had chance to schedule service call for 7 days out (for dish alignment???). The procedure is pretty straight forward for the alignment, however I’ve an extensive technician background myself. After the procedure I ended back at same positions as before. I still maintain that there was no issue until an update/download to my modem. (One for the streaming hub & then another for account upgrade. Hub is gone) Is there anything else that can be done in the mean time? Such as maybe compare firmware/software from a couple months ago to today & if diferences, revert back to the original? Please, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

hi @Honabarger ,

I can try to verify if downgrading the modem to an older firmware would be possible, but I can give you no guarantees about if it would be something we can do or if it will be effective on your service.

We’ll try to keep investigating, but 40 download speed and 6 upload speed is well within the 25-50Mbps range that your Viasat unleashed plan covers. Are you having any issues besides the speeds?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Ok, thats good to know then. Everything has become so slow to load & many times, sites time out upon loading. Streaming not an option anymore. Everything was working excelent until we met the data allowance. Seems like it was before when we maxed out on allowance & speeds slowed during peak hours, but all the time now.

Hi @Honabarger,

I still see that you have an antenna mispoint. Your signal quality on the upload link is lower than the ideal and fluctuates a lot compared to other accounts in your area that have the same plan and the same software version on the modem.

Based on my observations, the main issue with your account currently is the bad Upload speeds, would you agree?

I see that you have a technician visit scheduled for Friday. I will leave a note on the work order for this visit asking the technician to please make sure your upload speeds are consistently good before leaving.

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @Honabarger

I see that your service call was completed successfully! :tada:

How has your connection been since then?

1 Like