Issue with data usage

Now at 5:28 I can not get Viasat to log on at all! And Fast.com is at 2.4
At 2:20 I had 38.9DATA LEFT AND TURNED ON THE TV (NEW TV, NOT ROKU) AND WE ARE BUFFERING!
WHY???
Tomorrow we lose the data that we have left.
It reloads on the 4th.
THIS IS NOT RIGHT OR FAR!!!
NOW AT 5:38 STILL VIASAT WILL NOT COME UP

Hi @jesiekatt62,

I just ran a test from your modem (which is currently online) and I can see these speeds:

Is the buffering happening on your Roku TV? What platform were you using? Was it Amazon Prime?

Finally, what do you mean by “logging in”? Are you trying to log into the My Viasat app?

Thanks,

Nacho

1)The speed test was according to your TEST.com and it was 2.4.
According to Test.com right now it reads 2.4. You’ll are the ones that told me to use Test.com.
2) The buffering on the new TV
3) Amazon Prime, what difference would this make? But I think it was Prime.
4) What is a platform that I could be using?
5) When I tried to bring up the Viasat web site , it just and buffered, would not come up. Just the logo box
the empty blue box.

https://speedcheck.viasat.com/ or https://speedtest.net/ do not match, checking

speedcheck.visata.com is at

DOWNLOAD

Mbps

UPLOAD

Mbps

I have tried several of the channels on the new TV and the voices do not match the people and the film jumps back and forth.
None of which was Amazon Prime. The one that I’m on right now is CTV.
What is going on???

Hi @jesiekatt62,

About the 2 different speed tests:

• We recommend fast.com to test your video streaming speed - which we intentionally set to 2.4 Mbps for streaming platforms to use standard definition instead of high definition, and thus save you data. The 2.4 Mbps result you see there is exactly what we want.
  • We recommend speedcheck.viasat.com to test the speeds for all other internet uses (everything but video streaming), the 45 Mbps result you got there is great.

About the my.viasat.com website loading endlessly on the logo page:

• I escalated the issue to the proper team, they will let us know if there is anything wrong with your ability to log in. I will provide an update when we hear back.

About the buffering you experienced when streaming video on your Roku TV:

• The specific streaming platform (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Disney+, etc.) that you are using to stream does matter because we have observed that certain platforms work better with our Data Saver feature.
  • You mentioned that you noticed that when using CTV “the voices do not match the people and the film jumps back and forth”. We can try to increase the video speed from 2.4 to 4.5 Mbps which might help get rid of the buffering. Is it ok if we try this?

Thanks,

Nacho

We bought a new TV, no longer using the Roku. Are you showing that correct?
What are buffering platforms?

Yes, increase the video speed from 2.4 to 4.5 Mbps to help get rid of the buffering. You can do that.

Thank you Nacho for working on this for us.

• |

Sincerely

Hi @jesiekatt62 ,

We’ve just increased your video download speed to 4.5 Mbps about an hour ago.

You should no longer experience any buffering, but please let us know if you notice otherwise.

Thank you,
Nathalia

1 Like

Hi @jesiekatt62,

About the my.viasat.com website loading endlessly on the logo page:

• I heard back from the My Viasat team, they see that you had some successful logins yesterday and today. Has the app been working ok for you since the time you noticed the loading issue?

Thanks,

Nacho

Nacho, Now Amazon has been buffering all afternoon/evening, Now will not come up at all,.
said channel error and screen went blank. Any idea’s?

Nacho, Now we can’t watch anything streaming or on Live TV, all it does is buffering and screen shows channel errors on
every one we try. and on the Viasat account page as well. What is going on the modem shows blue ???
And being charged $174.74 and using data when we can’t watch a thing !!!
This is not right !!!

Hi @jesiekatt62,

There is a known issue with Amazon Prime and the data saver - so you might have to manually adjust the video definition (set it to “standard definition”) within the app in that platform.

What sounds very concerning is that you are getting buffering and errors in all platforms and even when web browsing (trying to access My Viasat).

You mentioned that you changed TVs, what TV were you trying to stream on?

Thanks,

Nacho

We now have a Google TV/Phillips

My husband call in to Viasat and was told that there is a problem with the NEW modem, that is not a month old now.
Service Rep will be out Sat. am. You can look it up, there has been so many Service Reps out I’ve lost count now just in
the last sever months.

I do not know how to change the “video definition (set it to “standard definition”) within the app in that platform.”

Hi, @jesiekatt62,

I saw that the service call was completed today.

I checked the speeds on our side and they look good:

Could you confirm if you saw improvements?

As you were having issues with videos, I disabled the Data Saver for a while, and we’ll wait for you to confirm if everything is running ok with the internet. Then, if you want to give it another try, we can activate the Data Saver again at a higher rate, to avoid the video buffering.

NO! It is worse now.
The service man replaced the cable from the satellite to the modem. But did not replace the modem.

Prime, You Tube nor Tubi is not showing in their display boxes and is showing no single’
We do not have any other platforms uploaded to watch, On the home page it shows that they are buffering.
We are paying monthly for those!
What do we do now? We are still paying for data and we still can’t watch anything!
And the Data Saver is off?

I turned on the modem @ 7:04am this morning, we have not been able to watch anything
we where at 134.1 data remaining and used data 15.2.
@ 4:18, 134.1 remaining data and used data 15.9

We called in to Viasat and the rep told us, just to wait, this area is congested ???

If that is the problem then it should be slow ( like other weekends) not where none of the platforms and setting their
buffering on the platform displays on the home page.
None of the platforms are working. They will not come up at all when I choose one to try and watch.
We are suppose to pay for this. Using data ??? and $174.74 and high speed,
when it seems that we are down more than able to watch anything. Even at a lower speed.

Good morning sir,

It is 6:30am here and we are buffering
Why??? There should not be a problem with congestion in this area.
We live out in the country!

Hi @jesiekatt62 ,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Regarding the Amazon Prime Video buffering issue, these are the instructions to manually adjust the video definition: How to Change Amazon Prime Video Streaming Quality on Any Device - Guiding Tech.

What I can tell you so far during our investigation, is that there does not seem to be any congestion in your area at all, and this new cable you’ve received is working properly.

We’ve ruled out some other problems, and it’s possible that your current issue is the Wi-Fi signal, not the modem itself (as your modem shows good speeds on our end, but your experience with the devices is very different).

1. The TV you are using right now, is it far away from the modem?
  2. Could you please run a complete speed check standing right beside the TV?

No, it has not.
I need the Amazon Prime Video instructions to manually adjust the video definition on the TV not my cell/mobile.
The Viasat modem has always right next to the TV.
The https://forum.viasat.com/t/how-to-run-a-speed-test-from-my-modem/47, is at

PING

ms

JITTER

ms

DOWNLOAD

Mbps

UPLOAD

Mbps

Viasat

Netlink Voice
Jackson, MS