Buy More Data Scam

I have been stuck with Viasat for over 4 years and it is getting increasingly worse.

Through no altered usage on our parts, our data has been diminishing at a ridiculous rate, and by 10 days (or less) after we pay our bill, we are out of high speed data and our service slows to unusable speeds. I have used the Buy More Data feature quite a few times, at $40 a pop and it seems like the more I buy, the faster it runs out.

Last night, I spent $39.99 on 30gb of data. We sat down and watched an hour and a half of a movie and then it froze. I checked my Viasat app and it said I had used all of the data I had purchased. The movie wasn’t even 4K or HD or anything fancy.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of money, sometimes doubling my bill just to be able to watch a few tv shows after I get home from work. We are at home and using our WiFi for an average of around 5-6 hours a day so how is this possible?

With my bill of 161.42 every month, I should have paid 968.52.

I have had to shell out $599.75 more dollars for a total of $1,568.52 for six months of subpar internet and added data that disappears without any explanation. It is insane and criminal.

Hello, @KMR1985

I’m truly sorry about your experience with Viasat. This data usage issue you’re describing definitely sounds abnormal and I’d be happy to investigate and figure out what we can do to improve things. I’ll be sending you a direct message to request some information so we can look at things on our end.

Hi @KMR1985 ,

We’ve found your account, thanks.

I’ve run a test from our side and the results are good, even with your data spent, so there might be other underlying causes for your slow speeds, and we’ll investigate them with you in order to solve the issue.

In your experience when you still have data everything works well? Could you run an advanced speed check and share your results? An advanced speed check shows speeds from your device and modem and you can find detailed instructions here: How to run a speed test from my modem?. This test can provide us with better details on where the problem might be so we can pinpoint it.

If you give us your consent, we can look into your detailed usage and verify if there are any abnormalities there.

With that, we can verify where your data is going and what can be done to improve your experience.

Thanks,
Leonardo

I’ve posted inquiring about my DISAPPEARING data not my data speeds.

1 Like

Hi @KMR1985 ,

I am very sorry, I thought you were upset about your usage freezing after spending all of your data, but if you want us to concentrate specifically on the data usage, we can look into your detailed usage to verify what is happening to your data, and we can do that if you give us your consent to look into it.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Absolutely I’d love to know how 30gb disappears in less than two hours

I had just commented the past few months my family is burning through all our data in 10 days! Just discovered the data extender was discontinued. Insane! I refuse to keep feeding this cash cow! Something needs to be done or will find a different service!

Hi @Shirl.Such ,

Have you seen the data saver experiment? Due to popular demand, we’re experimenting with the old feature in order to, if possible, improve it in the future. You can be part of it as well, please read this post for more details: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

If you’re interested you can also take part @KMR1985

Thanks,
Leonardo

I sure am. Cant be blowing through data like this. I will check it out. Thanks!

Class action? Hahahah

Hi @KMR1985 ,

I’ve sent you a direct message detailing most of your usage.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @KMR1985 ,

Just letting you know that I’ve sent you a new direct message.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hi @KMR1985 ,

Did you check my last messages? How has your usage been?

Thanks,
Leonardo