Internet is slow

Can barely check web pages its acting like im out of data but i still have over 2gbs left. I unplug everything from 7pm to midnight it worked normal for about 1hr and 15mins yesterday then back like it is now. It started Thursday around 10:15pm or so when the modem disconnected then reconnected like it was reset…So its misconfigured somewhere. Cant run the test thru the viasat browser cause it wont connect to the installation site. when i did the speed test without the browser it was download 0.3Mbps but upload speed was normal for me.

Still slow on the download slow loading webpages as of 4/21/24

Hi @nicholaswillis

Sorry about the slow reply.

I see that your modem is suffering many offline events this week – this might be the cause of your slow speeds.

I’m investigating your setup, and I’ll let you know as soon as I have definitive information. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, as you’ve mentioned download speeds being very low, could you run for us a full speed diagnosis?

Please, follow the guide below and let us know if you experience any issues while testing:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

Thank you!

Hi again @nicholaswillis

We’ve identified a possible solution for your slow speeds. I’ve just made a change in your network configuration, and this will be in full effect 1 hour from now.

Please run a few tests on speedcheck.viasat.com after that, so we can confirm if this has increased your speeds :slight_smile:

However, I’ve also noticed that your setup is suffering a bit due to bad weather – not necessarily in your physical location, could be in your network region’s gateway (from which all internet traffic comes through).

Could you please double-check if your satellite dish and antenna are still in place and have a good line of sight to the satellite? This way, we can rule out any mispoints.

Thanks!