Internet goes in and out

For the past 14 days, my internet has been going in and out constantly. I have called Viasat twice. Both times, I had to unplug my modem, wait two minutes, then plug it back in. That didn’t help. Both times, the customer service representative created a work order. The first time, a technician came out, realigned my satellite, and I had internet for a few hours that evening before it went out again. I called the technician back the next day, and left a voice message saying my problem had not been resolved. When I got no response from the technician, I called Viasat again, and they created another work order. But, I have not been contacted by the technician, nor has he returned any of my calls. Last night I tried streaming a 53-minute program. The internet went out three separate times, so it was really hard to watch. It’s been 14 days of this, and I haven’t gotten any help. It’s very frustrating.

Hi @Jill_H

Sorry about this experience you’re having with Viasat.

I can see that your setup has some serious issues: you’re currently suffering from both an antenna mispoint and an equipment problem (cable & TRIA).

I’m unsure what happened with the previous tech visit, but I can see that your new one has been created on 9/10 and has not been scheduled internally yet.

I’ll reach out to the Field Operations team and request that this be expedited ASAP, due to the nature of your issues.

Thank you for your response.
It’s now Day 16 of intermittent internet. I’m still waiting to hear from someone.

Hi @Jill_H

Sorry for the delay in replying.

It seems there was a systemic issue with your service call, so the Field Team created a new one, and it is currently assigned for this afternoon (EDT).

We’re keeping track and will get back to you as soon as it’s complete :slight_smile:

Hi Nathalia,

Thank you for your responses.

A technician came out yesterday, did a little rewiring, and replaced my modem.
I have had steady, fast internet ever since!!! So excited to be back online.

Thank you so much for escalating my work order. Your help has been priceless.
Five stars for you!!!
Jill_H

1 Like

Hi @Jill_H

That’s great news!! Thanks for the feedback :smiling_face:

If you need any extra help, please let us know!