Down again! No internet

My system is down again. Lost connectivity.

Hi @Alfredo_Ollivierre ,

I understand how frustrating that situation with your network can be, but please note that making many posts scatters your issues, which makes it harder for us to track them, so we kindly ask you to keep replying to the same post in order for us to better assist you.

Firstly, regarding the situation with the network outage, according to what I see on the system it has already been resolved. Can you confirm your network access has been restored?

For better tracking and to keep this post updated, I’ll list here all of the issues you’ve currently reported in other posts and handle them here. Please let us know if you’d rather we tackle them all at once like I’m doing here or if you’d prefer to handle one at a time.

1. Slow Speeds
  2. Video quality issues
  3. Cannot access your router

Points 2 and 3 might be connected, but we’ll investigate them both.

Could you kindly share with us an advanced speed check and a fast.com test as well?

I understand you’ve already run a few, but please note that the advanced speed check is a check run within the Viasat Browser and you have to be logged in to your My Viasat account when running it. That way, we will get a few more pieces of information such as your modem speeds along with your device speeds, which will help our investigation.

You can find instructions on how to run it here: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Lastly, for your router access issue, can you describe what you wish to access your router for? That way we can better assist you with it.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and attention.

Best,
Leonardo

I don’t know how much clearer I can be to I CAN’T ACCESS MY ROUTER. admin, password! I need to get into my wifi settings to create a guess wifi for people when they visit. so again, I can’t access my router is pretty simple to understand.

1 Like

Hi, @Alfredo_Ollivierre,

For the router issue, you’ll need to reset the password/username by pressing the reset button on the back of the modem for seven seconds.

This will cause the modem to reset to factory settings, as well as cause a reboot.

Please check more details on this article: How to Change your WiFi Modem/Gateway Network Password

@Alfredo_Ollivierre

Could you also report on the other problems mentioned as well? How’s your service? How are the speeds and the video quality? If you are still having issues, please refer to the tests requested earlier.

Thanks,
Leonardo

For future knowledge, this and this other topic were centralized on a newer one to reduce confusion –