Losing internet every couple hours

Hello! For the past week or so, we have been losing internet 5+ times a day. It goes for about 5-10 minutes then comes back. The internet speed has been fine after a couple minutes it returns to normal speed. 2 of us living here work from home full time now, so this is really starting to hurt us.

Most of our previous issues have gone away and we had close to a month of perfect service prior to this. Ive done multiple modem resets as well. Generally it comes back as red for a minute, then a solid light blue(?)(I’m colorblind so might be wrong haha) then it flashes like normal for a couple minutes before going solid blue.

It did this about 10 minutes ago and has now just did it again while I’m typing this.

Hi @Nicholas_LaMorte24,

Sorry about this experience. I tried to find your account but couldn’t, I’ll send you a Private Message so that you can securely provide more information so that I can find you in our system.

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @Nicholas_LaMorte24,

It looks like you have an antenna mispoint. Here is an article describing the process to repoint an antenna on your own, which could be useful: Can I repoint my Viasat antenna on my own?

If it sounds viable to repoint it on your own, please let me know and I can send you an install key, if not I can request a service call so that you get an installer to do it.

Thanks,

Nacho

Yeah this is viable for me. My satellite is installed in the ground so shouldnt be an issue.

I just sent you an install key over the private message conversation we started earlier :slight_smile:

Please let us know how it goes.

I’m experiencing the same issue. I lose the connection every day.

Hi @Jazzy ,

Internet disconnects everyday I’ve created this post so we can support your case.

Thanks,
Leonardo

@Nicholas_LaMorte24 did you manage to repoint?

Thanks,
Leonardo

We had some heavy winds and weirdly enough the Internet has been stable. I am waiting for it to disconnect one more time prior to attempting this just in case we got lucky and the winds made it more stable for now

Hi @Nicholas_LaMorte24,

thanks for letting us know. If you have any updates on the issue don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hey Leo. So bad news. Out of nowhere the Internet has been completely unstable today. It went out for close to an hour early this afternoon, and has now been on and off.

Unfortunately when it is up, I’m not able to load the video tutorial for the dish alignment. I’m unable to load videos in general without wifi due to my location. So I’m kind of stuck now not being able to realign the dish.

Hi @Nicholas_LaMorte24 ,

Thank you for your message and your cooperation! I can see that your signal is still bad, so I will schedule a technical visit for you. You will be contacted soon via phone to schedule the best time.

Thanks,
Leonardo

1 Like

Is it possible to schedule it without the call? We have horrible service here and rely on the internet to be able to use our phones, so if they call during a down period we won’t receive it.

Also I thought I posted here but it must not have went through. I did manage to attempt the repoint yesterday. I did my best to follow the audio cues as directed, but must have not done it correct.

Also it seems we don’t lose internet as often if we do not stream any video. Was having issues, turned off Hulu, and haven’t DC’d since as of now. So at least a potential work around until the visit?

Just want to make sure you have all the information I can give!

Hi @Nicholas_LaMorte24 ,

Thank you very much for informing us, I’ve already checked the state of your antenna today when I requested the technician visit. I’ve already informed them about your preference for text or e-mail to schedule the visit.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Perfect thank you so much! Hopefully I hear from them today. I’ll update you all once I hear from them.

Just wanted to update. Internet stayed off for 2 hours straight so attempted another realignment because there’s nothing to lose at this point lol. Still not back on.

I also have not heard anything. Are we able to escalate this? As previously mentioned I work at home so not having internet is not really an option

Hi @Nicholas_LaMorte24 !

I see that your service call is initially scheduled for June 11th (noon EDT). :slight_smile:

We’ll keep an eye on it and check back with you as soon as it’s done.

1 Like

Yes meant to post today to update you all:) Completely lost internet so it’s been a struggle to get on the app. I’ll update after the visit!

1 Like

We have a similar issue but ours is off many times a day, off more than on. Customer service said our modem is going out and set up a service call. We just got this modem/router a year ago and it worked fine last month when we were here. Doesn’t seem logical to me it would work sometimes.