Intermittent connection/modem error

Less than 24 hours with service and it’s been out nearly half the time. Reset button does no good, power cycling does no good. It comes in for an hour or so then goes out again. When it’s on, speeds hover around (give or take) 10mbs. Mind you, this is the high speed unleashed plan. Sometimes diagnostic says dish alignment, sometimes it doesn’t, but always says a problem with the modem. It won’t even run the diagnostic now, just keeps saying sorry we can’t fix your problem. Strongly considering canceling service and being done with it.

Hi @maryacox081011 ,

I can see in our system that something might have happened with your modem cabling, could you kindly try to unplug all the cables and plug them, making sure they’re completely and correctly connected?

Thanks,
Leonardo

There’s an extender or adapter of some sort attached to the end of the cable coming in from the dish, and it was barely connected. I tightened it and plugged everything back in. I can’t say yet if it’s going to stay connected any longer than it was, but it does seem to have helped the speed. We’re around 25mbs now.

Hi @maryacox081011 ,

How is your service right now? Did that fix it?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Yes it did, thanks so much!