Currently no service date available for repair!

Just got off the phone with a Viasat tech and troubleshooted my router he couldn’t even connect to it and he said he would need to schedule a tech also said he would try to get the soonest day for me then said it’s a 95$ charge just for the tech to come out even if the router just went bad!!! Ok looking past this he tried to schedule a technician to come out only to tell me their was no service date currently available to call back tomorrow and check the status!!! This is outrageous I pay for 500GB a month. Today my router suddenly stopped working and the app said it was the dish alignment but the dish hasn’t moved. I spoke with one tech he said I would have to be home to troubleshoot but to call back before I got off the phone I asked if the router just went bad did I have to pay anything he said no so I said ok good I’ll call back. So I have no idea when I’ll have internet back and when my internet bill comes due any unused data is lost!!! And the topper we have no clue when we can get to you or get service restored sorry not sorry oh you pay over 300$ a month for our services oh you have been with us over 2 years oh well??? What! Please make this make sense help please???

Hi @Dakota.Varnum,

Sorry about this experience.

What is the color on your modem LED light? Is it solid or pulsing?

I will escalate your issue to our field operations team to see if we can find a technician for you.

Thanks,

Nacho

1 Like

It is pulsing white.

Hi @Dakota.Varnum,

A pulsing white light means it is attempting to connect to the network. This is better news than a solid red light.

We see that the cable resistance in your setup was fluctuating aggressively before your modem went offline. Could you please power off your modem (unplug it) and then verify that the coaxial cable (the one coming from the antenna and connecting to the modem) is properly connected?

I have unplugged the router from the wall also disconnect all cables to the router left it for over 60seconds then plugged everything back in as well as checked the cable that runs under the house to the dish and everything appears to be fine and properly connected. The router goes through its motions of being solid white then amber then back to a blinking white ring.

Hi, @Dakota.Varnum,

The visit is scheduled for Sep 7.

We’ll try to expedite that. In the meantime, I’ll provide a document with some common failures that could be affecting your internet, in case you want to try taking a look at it.

1 Like

Yes please send them I will definitely look over them and I’m more then willing to try anything. My kids take online classes and this is really a big problem. The 7th is 3 weeks out and I don’t understand why theirs not a way to send a new modem and have the old one sent back. I am positive the dish has not moved and it still has a clear view of the sky unless the satellite moved I don’t know what else it could be besides the modem itself. Don’t get me wrong I really appreciate your help as soon as you got involved I got some answers. 3 more weeks without internet is a long time even if they say I’ll be compensated I’m still having to go home and take them somewhere with internet to get their class work done. Please send anything you can I’m more then willingly to try to fix this myself if it’s possible to fix without replacing

Ok I seen the document thank you for sending it I checked the cable and the ends that’s all fine. But I appreciate you guys sending it

Hi, @Dakota.Varnum,

Ok, thanks for your feedback.

We’re still trying to move that visit to a better date.

Can you help me on the 24th I called and spoke with a manager and he let me know he would issue a full refund for the amount I paid 300.53 and I called today to ask if it had been processed because it’s been 5-7 business days now and they said the account was not notated about a refund and they could not listen to the recorded call to confirm their was nothing they could do. I just want someone to listen to the recording for that call and hear that manager say that. Can you help me with this

Hi, @Dakota.Varnum,

Yes, sure. I’ll relay your message to the responsible personnel.

Once I have feedback I let you know.

1 Like

Hi, @Dakota.Varnum,

The call will be listened to to determine the refund. We’ll have to wait until that happens. I’ll try to keep an eye on that, if I have any news I let you know.

2 Likes

Just wondering if their was any news?

Hi, @Dakota.Varnum,

No news yet, it might take a while.

I’ll try to expedite the process.

Hi @Dakota.Varnum,

I just sent you a private message with an update.

Thanks,

Nacho