Hub not working

My streaming hub for Disney + is t working properly. When it’s unplugged Disney + streams fine once I plug in the hub it won’t stream at all. I’ve done the trouble shooting and still not working. Light blinks I get an unplugged error message when I unplug it but beyond that not working.

Hi @byroncastleman ,

Sorry about this experience.
I will escalate your issue to see what we can do to help you.
As soon as I have an answer, I will let you know.

Thanks,
Isabela

Hi @byroncastleman ,

Could you please try to stream again with the hub connected?
It seems like it was an isolated issue not related to your hub.

Thanks,
Isabela

Thank you. I think I also have a lot of static on the line.

I retried with hub connected. Still error code 42. Seems to just keep buffering with no resolution. When unplugged Disney + streams fine. Thanks

Hi @byroncastleman ,

Can you inform us exactly at what time yesterday you tried with the hub plugged and with the hub unplugged?

Thanks,
Isabela

I tried last night about 630pm plugged in. Wouldn’t work so I had to unplug it so my grandkids could watch. I think I have a bad hub. Thank you

Hi @byroncastleman ,

Could you please connect the hub and try streaming with a different device type (e.g. phone or tablet)?

Thanks,
Isabela

Yes I did it won’t stream on my tablet either. It’s like the hub is blocking it. It just buffers and then I get error 42. Thank you

Hi @byroncastleman

I’ve sent you a private message regarding this issue. Let me know if you don’t receive it :slight_smile:

I don’t think I got it.

Hi @byroncastleman

I’ll send you another reply on that private thread.