Hub connection issues?

I have the hub connected to my modem, but when I try to watch something on Disney+, it will play for a minute, but then I get a message saying, “ignored” or sometimes something about an error. I’ve disconnected the hub and reconnected, restarted my modem, restarted my television, and reset the network connection on my television. Is there an issue with the Hub in general? What’s going on?

Hi @kyates5272

Are you currently able to watch Disney+ when you disconnect the Hub?

Yes. I turned on something else and it works fine, but anything that’s under Hulu on Disney Plus is what I’m having the most issues with. I’m not watching on the Hulu app, I’m watching certain shows that Hulu is offering through the Disney Plus app.

I’m still having the same issue no matter what I try to watch on Disney Plus now

Hi @kyates5272

The Stream team couldn’t find any inherent issue with your Hub, but we had some bugs with Stream yesterday in general, so this might have been related.

Can you try accessing the Disney+ app again? If the same loading screen shows up, please send us a picture/screenshot here if possible :slight_smile:

I am still having issues.

The only thing the screen shows me is “ignored”.I talked with Disney to see if it was something on their end but after running a speed test on my Internet, they said that the latency is a big problem. I have a picture of the latency test here. A 4-digit latency number.

Hi @kyates5272 ,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you’ve encountered with the Viasat Stream Hub.
Other customers have reported similar challenges, prompting us to escalate the matter for a swift resolution.
As soon as updates on the case become available, I’ll let you know.

Thanks,
Isabela

Hi @kyates5272

The fix for the recent Disney+ bug has been officially rolled out to all customers. :tada:

Could you please test your Stream Hub again, and let us know if you still experience any issues?

Thank you,
Isabela

Hi again @kyates5272

As my colleague mentioned, the fix for this issue has been officially rolled out to all customers.

Could you please test your Stream Hub again, and let us know if you still experience any issues?

It seems to be working fine now!

1 Like