Horrible Customer Service and SLOW speeds

We are new customers… Our internet has been SO SLOW… When trying to stream we use up our gb with the system buffering. I’ve called Viasat customer service 3 times in the past 2 weeks with no positive outcome. Technician was supposed to be at our home today…Got a call last night that they canceled. SO FRUSTRATING. I’m sure we will be canceling soon. Can’t seem to get through to an agent who can make things happen.

Hi @drum4 ,

We are very sorry for the bad experience you’ve had when trying to get help, and we hope we can improve that experience for you.

I’m contacting the relevant personnel in order to try to expedite your visit, and if I have any updates on that I’ll get back to you.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Hello Leonardo.
Would you be willing to add 60 GB for no charge right now to offset the gb being used up by the buffering? We’ve already had to purchase extra because of this issue.

Hi @drum4 ,

Since your issue is not affected by a lack of high-speed data it won’t affect the issue you are having, however, we can have someone contact you as soon as your issue is resolved to verify what can be done then.

Regarding the issue itself, if your antenna is on the ground you can try and repoint it yourself. If you want to try that, please let us know and we can send you instructions. I’d like to reinforce that we ask you to please do NOT attempt this yourself if your antenna is on your roof or in a hard-to-reach/unsafe area.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Any word on improving our Viasat experience? The continued buffering has used up all of our gb for the month! We’d appreciate any help you can offer us.

Hi @drum4,

According to our system your technician visit will take place tomorrow in the morning. Did you receive a call in the past few days to confirm this?

Regarding this below, buffering shouldn’t be increasing your data usage.

However, we can take a look at your data usage in order to see if we find anything irregular, is that ok with you?

Just had technician out to our home. Several important bolts were loose. Signal was at half strength. Asking for a credit to our account for these issues over the past few weeks while we waited patiently for a technician to come out.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @drum4,

Thanks for the update. We now see better speeds from your modem:

Regarding the credit, I will get in touch with our billing team and will ask them to call you at the phone number we have on our records.

Thanks,

Nacho

Hi @drum4,

Our customer support team was able to resolve the credit request. I sent you a private message with the details.