Contract cancelation

Does anyone know how much it cost to cancel a contract? Would i have to pay a fee or do i pay the remainder of my months left in said contract? Finally just had enough. Every time I’ve contacted them it’s something new. First time: oh it’s your modem. They come out, replace the modem, poor internet quality persists. Then i was told it was due to high usage in my area. Well, guess what. I live in a town with about 50 people and there’s only one other person besides me with viasat. Theirs is horrible too. I’m tired of getting the run around and i just want to be free of this for good. How much is it? And how do i go about it? Am i going to need a lawyer? These are the things i need to know. Thanks

Hi @Ctc0684 ,

here we only deal with technical issues, so for contract information please call Customer Care for Residential Customers at 855-463-9333.

If you are having issues with your internet connection we might be able to help. If you’d like that, please describe what problem you’re having.

Thanks,
Leonardo

Yeah i already know viasat is not going to help me cancel my contact. I mean they lied to me just to get me to agree to it. I’m waiting on another customer to help me, thanks

Hi @Ctc0684

Please have a look at these articles:

Your contract should also inform whether you have Early Termination Fees, depending on your Plan – this will be under the section of Termination.

*Not applicable to customers under the “Unleashed” Plan.

By the way @Ctc0684

I had a quick look at your account and identified 2 issues:

1. You’re currently under a weather outage, which has impacted your service (and for others in the region), and degraded your signal quality. This can result in bad speeds and intermittent connectivity. Our Engineers are working to get this outage resolved as soon as possible.
  1. You have gone over your monthly high-speed data cap, so you currently have standard unlimited data, which can result in de-prioritized speeds (especially during peak periods). Your data resets in 9 days (August 16), but if you use streaming apps a lot, please check out our free Data Saver feature: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

If you’d like, our Forum team can investigate these issues and/or your account further, to help you out.