Being throttled in evenings

Have had Viasat for a couple of years with no problems, Viasat has delivered what they’ve promised.

However, 3 weeks ago or so, I noticed incredibly slow speeds in the evening starting around 7pm. I have plenty of data left. Download speed reduces to 1-1.5 Mbps, upload is about 4mbps consistently every night.
During the morning and all day I can run multiple devices while streaming, but at night, NOPE. Not enough bandwidth to do anything.
Customer service wants to send a technician to my house, this is not a customer problem.
Thanks

Hi @advam,

I’m sorry to hear about this experience.

I see that the tech visit is scheduled for 01/18/24, I’ll make a change to your account settings in order to help you with this night time speed issue, if there’s any other hardware-related problem the technicians should be able to help you next week!

I’ll let you know when those changes are applied.

Thank you,
Avner

Hi @advam,

I just applied those changes I mentioned to your account settings.
They should be working in about 1 hour from now.

Please let me know if you notice any difference in your service at night time.

Thank you,
Avner

The issue seems resolved at this time. Thank you.

Hi @advam,

That’s great!

I’ll keep your case open until the tech visit on 01/18 to make sure we’ve covered the entire process. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

Thank you,
Avner

Hello @advam

I noticed that you asked to cancel the tech visit scheduled for January 18.

Is everything all right with your setup? Do you believe the visit is no longer needed?

Thanks,

Nathalia

The on site visit wasn’t needed. When I called Viasat customer service it was the only thing they could offer me. I found the forum, posted my problem and a Viasat admin must have fixed the issue, or I had a spontaneous remission on its own.
Thanks for checking back. I appreciate it.

Adam

1 Like