Another rouround

I live in a rural area where spectrum stopped running service exactly 1 mile north of my house. So therefore i don’t have a choice but to have satellite internet which totally sucks. This is my second round with ViaSat, the only reason I’m back is they will bundle with my satellite cable. The other satellite company doesn’t bundle with Dish. Anyway the reason i dropped viasat before is they give you what they think you need and not what you want. Upon signing back up I was told that i would have 60gb or what ever you call them, but looking at my account they only 40. They also tell you there internet is faster than the other internet server. I already had to call for a service visit cause for some reason my dish its set correctly go figure. Im just hoping that when its fixed they will give me the 100gb like i asked for. Then maybe i can hook up my printer cause i will have enough gb to at least add that to my at home office. Well lets just wait and see, they will be here on Wednesday.

Hi @sonnielf

On your account I can see that you have 60 GBs of high-speed data available monthly, consistent with your plan “Choice 25 Mbps/60 GB”:

However, it looks like your modem’s firmware version is outdated, which may be causing some issues on your end.

I’m going to check with the Modem team how quickly we can upgrade your firmware – if you notice your modem doing a quick reboot, that’ll be the cause. :slight_smile:

I found your service call for December 13 on our system and I’ll be keeping track of that.
It does look like there’s an issue with your antenna, so hopefully, the speeds will get better after the tech visit. :slight_smile:

Hi @sonnielf

Your modem’s firmware has been updated just now.

By the way, as you’ve mentioned having a Home Office setup, maybe you’d be interested in the Office Hours add-on. It will allow you to work and use most work-related apps, during business hours, without consuming your normal high-speed data.

FAQs for Office Hours add-on: Viasat Residential Internet Help

Hi @sonnielf

I saw that your tech visit was recently completed and that the technician tested your speeds on-site with a result of 44 Mbps of download and 7 Mbps of upload.

From my end, your speeds look just as good too, coming from the modem:

However, I see that you’ve run out of high-speed data since my last reply, so you may experience some slower speeds during the peak hours of the evening with standard unlimited data.

That’s not always the case, so if you’d like to confirm, you can run a few tests later today to check:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

Your tech is a very nice man. Now there are only 2 issues that I do have. I just hope your the go to person.
I was told when I called to have this service that ya’ll would bundle with my dish network. Well that’s a big fat lie! That was the only reason I changed. Now I’m having second thoughts.
The other thing is I called and told your people that I want 100 gb. I was told I couldn’t. I had to wait 3 months. Now I want to know how true that is.
Also you can send this to all your big shots maybe they can maybe tell me what’s correct

Hi @sonnielf !

The Viasat DISH TV Bundle does exist – with it, you can get 10% off either your DISH bill or the Viasat bill. You can reach out to DISH TV and inform them that you’d like to get the Viasat discount on your bill.

It is a bundle but it’s still two separate invoices (two bills), one of them referencing this discount.

If an issue happens with your internet service, you can contact Viasat support, and if there’s an issue with the cable service, you can contact DISH support.

Do you mean the call to Customer Service on December 12?

I see that the agent in charge of the call informed you that you’re currently on the 3-month discounted value for new customers, so yes, you will lose that if you change your plan now.

I see that you informed the agent that you’d change later to this plan, but you don’t have to wait 3 months, unless you need the discount.

You won’t lose your Government discount regardless of plan changes, so you can switch to the plan with 100 GBs of data if you’d like.

There are two other options with more high-speed data in your area, not too far away from the pricing of your current plan:

You can check them out at this link: Buy Viasat Internet.