Very Slow Speeds

I just started with Viasat a 1 1/2 weeks ago and have called customer service multiple times with help to speed up my internet. I have rebooted the modem multiple times, I was directed to the modem login and to the router settings. I was instructed to release the IP address and then Renew the IP address. I was then instructed to setup a new single port forwarding. I have had a tech out to check things and redirect my dish. Nothing seems to help with getting me any faster speeds. I work from home and can hardly download a spreadsheet. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, @SlickDeal,

Thanks for your message and sorry about the bad experience. I will take a look at your equipment/service area to see what might be the cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Anderson

@SlickDeal,

Sounds like you have already done a bunch of things to try to root cause the problem. In our experience, the best place to start is with a full-speed test that includes a test from the modem.

You can see instructions on how to do it in this link: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Once you have the result, please send us a screenshot of the result.

Thanks,

Anderson

I did attached a screen shot of the speed tests in my first message. I’ll run some more tests now.

Hi, @SlickDeal,

The speeds from your modem are not showing.

In order for that to work you need to use the Viasat browser and log in with your “My Viasat” credentials.

Instructions here: How to run a speed test from my modem?

Please let me know if you have any doubts or find any issues.

1 Like

Here’s some more speeds at a different time. Slowing down even more.

@SlickDeal , thanks for the screenshots.

I’ll do some more investigation on that. I’ll let you know once I have more details.

Hi, @SlickDeal,

Sorry for the slow reply. We are still investigating your case, we escalated the issue to some other teams.

I’ll have some updates by tomorrow, thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Any updates as to what I need to do to increase the speed?

Hi, @SlickDeal,

There were some changes in your service area. I just run some speed tests and I am seeing good results:

Could you check your speeds now and give us feedback?

Speeds from the modem seem to be good, but how do I increase the speeds on my device?

Hi, @SlickDeal,

So, there might be a couple of reasons for that.

We can start moving your device closer to the modem and then try another speed test.

We can also check if there is any process running in the background on your device. Next time you run a speed test, check the chart that shows “other usage”. With that, we can have an idea if there is anything else using your internet (during the test).

If you want to leave the troubleshooting for later and just achieve full speed on your device, you can also try connecting your device directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable. Wired connections generally provide faster and more stable speeds compared to wireless connections.

Let me know if you have any doubts