The worst internet!

I need my internet fixed it is that simple!!

Hi @jackiewodicka,

I’m sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Can you provide some more details on the issues you’ve been experiencing? Do you experience slow speeds? Buffering while streaming? Do the issues happen on specific movements (e.g. afternoons or evenings)?

All these details can help us better understand what your issue could be.

I just ran a speed test from your modem and I see good results:

I know this may not represent your experience, therefore I need you to do some testing on your end so we can understand your network behavior.

You can follow these steps:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers ;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test
5 - Download the results (or take a screenshot)
6 - Send your results here

You can see a detailed tutorial here: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

Thank you,
Avner

I have had trouble with everything you just mentioned ! I have had a tech come out and see these things happening and tell me there is nothing he can do and that I should call support for help which I have tried about 15 times so far and no help!!! I am paying alot of money to you for something that does not work and is a waste of my money!! OBVIOUSLY there is something that needs fixed if I keep complaining about it!!!

Hi @jackiewodicka

We couldn’t find any inherent issue with your internet setup, but we’d like to try some troubleshooting steps.

When you have the time, can you please run for us a complete speed diagnosis, to verify the cause of your bad speeds?

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

Look I have already done the browser test and the tech came and told me get ahold of you and that something could be wrong with the equipment !!! Just stop giving me the run around like i see you doing to everyone else on this forum and send me some real help from your company!!! God knows im paying you enough money, surely you can afford to send someone from your company,not a contractor that can’t help!!!

Hi @jackiewodicka

Did you run the tests on the Viasat browser, using a computer or Android device? I can’t see any results from your account. Keep in mind this test won’t work on iPhones.

I understand your frustration, but we can’t send service calls without an inherent issue, and your account is overall healthy… So the full speed diagnosis would help you in this sense. We can see mostly good speeds from your modem – if you’re receiving low speeds on your device, this can be from a range of possibilities.

For example, right at this moment (about 8:40 AM EST) your modem is receiving these speeds:

… Which are very good speeds for your plan of 30 Mbps download / 3 Mbps upload.

If you run a normal test that only shows device speed, maybe you’re receiving way less than that, and it could be due to distance from the modem, a Wi-Fi signal issue… Most of which we can’t fully prove if we don’t have the modem and device tests at the same time to cross-check the speeds.

I know running these tests can be a bother, but if we don’t prove that there’s an issue with your account, you’d have to pay for a service call that is pointless, because the tech wouldn’t know the problem either.

If we can cross-check your modem versus device speeds, and it’s shown to have inconsistencies, we can start to move forward with the troubleshooting, either remotely or with a tech visit.

See what i mean just a run around of excuses from you and threats of charges for a service call that if you send someone out will surely say there is nothing wrong so you can get more money out of me for a service that clearly im saying there is something wrong with!! I have downloaded your browser and done a dozen tests that you say you can’t see and your still saying there is nothing wrong !!! well im telling you that i can not watch youtube videos,i can not watch movies on demand nor can i read a news feed or video that comes with it!! your internet is trash and you keep blaming it on your customers

Hi @jackiewodicka

The service call fee wasn’t a threat, I apologize if you felt that way. When we on the Forum team prove an inherent issue with the customer’s account, any service call becomes free, which is why we insist on this initial bit of troubleshooting, especially with a healthy account such as yours.

It could be a simple thing that is creating your slow speeds, such as distance from your device.

I can’t find any results on your account and you also haven’t sent us any screenshots or pasted the results, so we have no way of knowing the device speeds you’re receiving.

I’ve noticed you have EasyCare so I can request a service call free of charge, but the tech will still go without knowing what’s going on and what issues to look for – the same situation as the previous service call.

Please send us screenshots or paste the results as a reply, so we can show the technician what to investigate.

If you’d like the service call scheduled, please let me know.

Thank you

I do not know how to send screenshots or paste things but, sure would like to have internet that helps me learn how!!

Hi @jackiewodicka

Most computer keyboards are equipped with the key “Print Screen” – that usually takes the print of the entire screen you’re seeing.

The location varies by keyboard, but you’ll usually find the “Print Screen” in the upper-right area to the right of the function (F1-F12) keys. The text on the key may be abbreviated to prt sc, prnt scrn, or something similar.

If you happen to also have the key “Fn” or “Function” on the keyboard (either close to the left CTRL or the right ALT), then you need to press both of them at the same time to screenshot.

When the screenshot is taken, you may get a notification or not – in any case, open up the message body for your reply here and paste the image.

Pasting can be done by pressing at the same time the keys left CTRL and letter V.

Similarly, you can also use the mouse to copy the information of the results. Click on the start of what you want to copy, and then hold the mouse button and scroll all the way to the end of the information you’d like to copy. With the selection still showing up, press these keys at the same time: left CTRL + letter C.

Then you can open up the message body on your email app and hit left CTRL + letter V for pasting.

Im so tired of all this, I have had internet where I lived that would send someone out right away so there company NOT THE CUSTOMER can solve the issues!! YOUR INTERNET AND COMPANY ARE COMPLETE CRAP!!!

Hi @jackiewodicka

I can request a service call for you, but as you’ve mentioned before, the tech had no idea what was wrong because there was no troubleshooting done.

Would you like me to request another tech visit? You have EasyCare active, so it’d be free of charge.