Standard Data speed

Every time I used up the high-speed data, the standard data seemed unusable for anything. I checked the speed always lower than 1 Mbps. I can’t do anything with that speed. Is that the supposed speed for standard data?

Hi @mhmdali

When you’re using standard unlimited data, your traffic is not prioritized and you might see slower rates, especially during the peak busy periods.

If you find that you often run out of high-speed data, please have a look at our free Data Saver add-on, available here: Announcing the Data Saver Feature Experiment!

By the way @mhmdali

Your area is currently undergoing a network outage. We don’t know how much this is impacting your speeds, but it’s possible that might be a factor.

Our Engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Hi again @mhmdali

The outage in your area has ended :tada:

I’m adding 30 GBs of high-speed data to your account free of charge.

Could you run a few tests afterwards, to verify if this has improved the speeds?

Please, follow the guide below and let us know if you experience any issues while testing:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

Thank you!

Hello Nathalia,

I cannot use the Viasat browser since it does not work with my chromebook. Results using viasat speedcheck are 61.1 mbps DL and 5.0 Mbps UL. Test done around 12 noon.

1 Like

This one is done using login from myviasat

https://speedcheck.viasat.com//result/WwGZ2BjlQN6uDTf2tCfg

It doesn’t give me the speed from my modem.

1 Like

Hi @mhmdali ,

It seems the issue has been fully resolved and you’re back to good speeds. If you face any other issues don’t hesitate to let us know and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,
Leonardo

1 Like

Hello, my account was charged for that supposedly free 30gb data. Can you credit it back?

Hi @mhmdali,

I reviewed your last invoice and noticed that the 30 GB boost was indeed listed. However, an Account Adjustment was applied, which deducted $39.99 from the total, making this product free of charge.

Thanks,
Isabela

1 Like