Speeds are trash!

Viasat is committing highway robbery charging me for the Unleashed plan, which is supposed to deliver up to 100 Mbps, and then getting these crappy results. I demand a refund.

Results History from Speedcheck

Summary

Date: 7/3/2024 - 09:22

• Modem Upload : - Mbps
  • Device Upload : 10.21 Mbps

09:35|ViaSat,Inc.|Down: 16.39Mbps

Up: 9.49Mbps|Not available|Not available|Not available|
|7/3/2024

09:33|ViaSat,Inc.|Down: 22.53Mbps

Up: 9.91Mbps|Not available|Not available|Not available|
|7/3/2024

09:32|ViaSat,Inc.|Down: 13.97Mbps

Up: 10.14Mbps|Not available|Not available|Not available|
|7/3/2024

09:25|ViaSat,Inc.|Down: 26.97Mbps

Up: 10.21Mbps|Not available|Not available|Not available|
|7/3/2024

09:24|ViaSat,Inc.|Down: 12.9Mbps

Up: 8.51Mbps|Not available|Not available|Not available|
|7/3/2024

09:22|ViaSat,Inc.|Down: 23.68Mbps

Up: 10.21Mbps|Not available|Not available|Not available|

Hi @greg6465

Sorry about this experience you’re having with Viasat.

The “Unleashed” Terms of Service offers Download speeds up to 25 - 100 Mbps, which means 100Mbps is not a guaranteed number – your speeds can fall anywhere in that range.

You can also find this information freely available when acquiring the plan in our website (Buy Viasat Internet):

image-

That information aside, I see that you weren’t able to run the full Speedcheck (as indicated by the Modem tests being unavailable). Are you currently logged into the speedcheck.viasat.com website with your myViasat credentials?

If you could run for us a full Speedcheck, we could cross-check the speeds between your modem and your device – it could be that your modem is receiving the proper speeds and it’s too far away from your device, or it has a Wi-Fi signal problem.

You can follow our guide: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices. If you don’t have an Android mobile device, please run the test on a computer.

PS: I ran a few tests on your modem right now, and the speeds ranged between 40 and 60 Mbps. For ex.:

It’s possible that the distance between the modem and the device used to run your tests affected the signal, resulting in lower download speeds.

Were you standing very close to the modem when you ran the tests, or in another room/floor?

We’ll be able to confirm if there are any Wi-Fi or distance issues with the full Speedcheck. :slight_smile:

Hi again @greg6465

Were you able to run the complete Speedcheck?

If you still need help with this issue, or with the modem test, please let us know.
Thanks! :slight_smile: