Slow Speed for what I'm paying

I just checked my Internet speed because it’s taking forever to open a page and it was 4:00 am in the morning so what plan I have, it should have been flying. I checked from Your site the speed test and it said I had 6 or 8 MGs and I have the 2nd highest plan you offer also the 2nd most Expensive as well for, Speed and Data that you offer and the speed is way off for what I’m supposed to be getting, WHY IS THAT?

Hi, @kidkaz,

Thanks for your message.

I’m checking that now. When I have some feedback I let you know.

Hi, @kidkaz,

Are you still experiencing the issue now? From what I could check everything looks good at this moment. I’m seeing good speeds now:

If you experience that same issue again, please send us the result of a full diagnosis speed test, as follows:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test
5 - Download the results (or take a screenshot)
6 - Send me the results in a direct message

That test from your modem will help us check if there is any issue related to your router.

Hi @kidkaz,

It looks like you have 5 different topics open within the forum. In order to keep better track of your issue let’s please communicate over this topic.

If you are using the forum, you can use the “reply” button at the bottom of the page OR if you prefer you can just reply to the emails that notify you of updates on this topic.

Regarding your issue, I noticed that you ran a test where the speeds from the device are much lower than the speeds from the modem. This could indicate a Wi-Fi issue. How far from the modem were you when you ran this test? Do the speeds improve when you stand next to your modem?

Thanks,

Nacho