Paid for 75 and getting 15?

Give me the speeds I paid for. I've run multiple speed tests using your browser and test, consistently getting under 20. I know it says "up to 75" but I should be getting at least 50 most of the time. Instead, I'm getting one-fifth of that.

• Problem description: Slow speeds in both directions
  • What were you doing?: Streaming video (Netflix, Hulu, Disney, ect)

This post was generated on SpeedCheck

Hi, @markburlesongraham,

Thanks for your message.

I’m checking that now. Once I have some feedback I let you know.

Hi, @markburlesongraham,

Sorry for taking some time to reply.

Could you send us the result of a modem speed test? It’ll help us check if you have issues with the router.

So far I’m seeing good speeds, that’s why we need the results from that specific test:

Here is how to do it:

1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test
5 - Download the results (or take a screenshot)
6 - Send me the results in a direct message

Thanks!

Here’s a PDF of the test. I will say that I have been running the test on your browser for the last couple of days and getting speeds between 1.4 and 30 Mbps and they tend to be below 15 most of the time.

(Attachment Viasat Speed Check _ 06Sept23_4PM.pdf is missing)

Hi, @markburlesongraham,

The upload did not work. Please try sending the results again.

For some reason, your system doesn’t allow PDFs to be submitted.

Thanks for sending the picture.

Are you close to the Wi-Fi? If we see that the difference between modem/device speeds is constant, it might be related to the router.

Could you run the same test again, but beside the router (just in case you were not in the first time)?

Also, if you have another device, could you try the same thing from that other one?

Thanks for your cooperation!

not much difference

Here’s what I’m seeing today. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Here’s what I’m seeing today. Seventh day since I started Viosat and never seen anywhere close to the 75 Mbps I was expecting.

Hi, @markburlesongraham,

Thanks for sending the results.

I noticed that in all of those last tests you sent the modem speeds are not loaded. Did you have any issues with the speed check app? Did the modem info never load in any of those tests?

Just figured out I must wait a couple of minutes more and it then runs a modem test. Here is one with the modem test at the bottom of this message. I’ll add that I turned off everything else in the house (TV, other computers, phones) when running this test to make sure it is only running the test. That said, regardless of what this test says, the service is lousy. If this is what I get, I don’t want anything. Also, I just figured out I never signed a service agreement. I don’t know who signed my name to one, but it wasn’t me.

Hi, @markburlesongraham,

Just to confirm, you did that last test close to the router, right?

What about other devices? Is it possible to run the same test using them? Or perhaps you could run the test using a wired connection. The idea is to rule out Wi-Fi issues with those verifications (since you have better speeds on the modem).

Here we are more focused on providing technical support, therefore about the service agreement I’ll have to check with another team. As soon as have some feedback I let you know.

Thanks for the cooperation

Hi Mark Viasat sucks and they are going to make you keep doing tests to run you in circles because they wont be honest and say, its the best we can do. Because saying that would mean admitting they are theifs.

First week of Viosat was one of complete frustration. Speed was never more than half of what I was told to expect, usually around one-fourth of what I expected, and almost daily would have period(s) where it was sl slow, I’d lose my connection. Plus, despite throttling my use, I used up a third of my monthly data in a week. Now, I’ve resolved the issue by cancelling my account. I’m better off with no service at home and occasionally getting online at the public library, Starbucks or other location. Wasn’t just the high cost of Viosat that made me give up. It was the stress/frustration of never knowing what I would have when I sat down at my computer. Adios!

Hi, @markburlesongraham,

I understand your point. My guess is that the issue was related to the router, which we could replace. However, we don’t discourage people from finding alternatives that work better for them.