13.9 mbps download speed

My internet has been pretty slow this week. I know it won’t always be close to the 150mbps I’m paying for but it wouldn’t hurt if it was at least half. 2 days after these storms and I’m currently getting 13.9 Mbps. I’m paying to receive more than 10x this amount. I would like some help getting close to what I am paying for.

Hi @Hamrick.Caleb ,

I’ve conducted a speed test on your modem, which indicates great speeds:

Are you noticing slower connections at specific times of the day? If possible, please run a speed test with fast.com from your device and send a screenshot, this will allow us to compare speeds between your device and your modem.

Thanks,
Isabela

I appreciate that but I ran a speed test through the viasat browser app right before I made my post to be sure. Did you have to do anything on your end?

Hi @Hamrick.Caleb ,

I recommended trying another speed test tool since Speed Check isn’t functioning for all clients at the moment, but it is great to know it is working for you! However, I haven’t seen any results from Speed Check on your account. Were you logged in when you conducted the test?

Before making any changes to your account, it’s essential to troubleshoot and identify the problem.

Thanks,
Isabela

Hi @Hamrick.Caleb ,

Did you ensure you were logged in to my Viasat when running the tests? This is very important for us to have access to the tests.

Thanks,
Leonardo

I used fast.com this morning as previously recommend. I am signed into my viasat and the only devices currently connected are mine and my wife’s cellphones.

Here is the result. 21 Mbps. I’m sorry but if this continues we will be switching. That is nearly 10% of the speed I am paying for.

Hi @Hamrick.Caleb

Apologies for this experience you’re having with Viasat.

As stated in the Unleashed terms, your download speeds range between 25 – 150 Mbps at any given time, so 21 Mbps is not very far.

I can see both good and bad speed results in your modem tests, which can be explained by the time of day. The bad speeds might be caused by network congestion during peak busy periods.

On the other hand, the fast.com test is designed by Netflix to measure your video download/streaming speed, and not your internet connection. This can mean that the values seen by fast.com don’t accurately reflect your internet speeds.

We currently have a bug being worked on in speedcheck.viasat.com that disabled the modem speed test, so we can’t crosscheck your device vs modem speeds at this current moment.

However, I ran a few tests on your modem manually from my side, and they all stayed between 20–30 Mbps, so it would be wortwhile to try other troubleshooting steps.

Could you run a few device speed tests on either speedcheck.viasat.com or speedtest.net while connected directly to the modem via Ethernet cable? This way, we can check if your setup currently has any Wi-Fi issue.

Thank you!

PS: If you still have any doubts regarding the speeds of the Unleashed plan, please call Customer Care for Residential Customers at 855-463-9333, whenever possible.