Low speeds still

I have been paying for 100 mbps speeds and still have yet to even hit 45mbps speeds. I just am in my second month. This is Terrible. I have rebooted the system 3 times and it improved only after the first time from 35mbps to 40mbps. I would love to have a relpy how this can be fix because this isn’t exceptable.

Hi, @Smptiger927,

Sorry for the bad experience. I’m checking that now, and as soon I have some feedback I’ll let you know.

Thanks!

Hi, @Smptiger927,

I could not find any issue with your terminal. However, I just made some changes to your network to address the issue you reported. Let us know if you see any improvement.

Also, when you have some time, please run a modem speed test as follows:
1 - Open the Viasat browserthis test will not work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)

By doing that we’ll be able to see if your router has any issues.

Thanks!

@Smptiger927,

Just to add another thing: it seems that bad weather (overcast sky) is affecting some parts of your service area now, so the speeds could be below the expected for that reason today.

It still has slow speeds. I downloaded Viasat browser as well. I tried to upload a screenshot not sure if it will work to upload. Someone is coming out to fix my satellite as they found an issue when I called.

image edited by moderators

Hi, @Smptiger927,

Ok, thanks for the update.

Hi, @Smptiger927,

I see that the visit was completed. How is the internet now?

Let us know if you find any issues.

My speed that day only was the highest it had ever been at 73mbps and now it is right back to terrible again. I just did another speed test and I am on the highest plan and only have 43.2mbps this is terrible. I am in college all online and it is difficult to do my work at these speeds. What can be done to increase the speeds to what I am paying for?

Hi, @Smptiger927,

Thanks for the feedback. I’m checking that now (let you know when I have some feedback).

Hi @Smptiger927

We’re currently investigating what can be done to fix your speeds.

In the meantime, I noticed that you bought a 20GBs Data Boost recently, even though you still have your high-speed data allowance.

Are you aware of this transaction or did it happen by accident?

I would like this service ro be canceled. I am in online college and I can never get working speeds for me to attend my school and do the homework and video chats and meetings that I have to do. My speeds are considerably slow all the time. I have never had a speed paat 70 once when the tech was here other than that it has been highest at 45maybe 50. It is at a download speed of 1.8mbps right now. I can not use the viasat internet browser it is not supported by my school. I have to use Chrome. I run out of data waiting for things to load slowly. I am done.

Hello @Smptiger927

I’m sorry that we couldn’t provide you with a better experience.

If you wish to go ahead with the disconnect, you can cancel your plan with the Customer Care Agents at 855-463-9333 – our Forum team unfortunately can’t cancel for you due to the legal disclaimers that have to be read and agreed to.