I have had Viasat for two and a half weeks, and have received poor internet speeds since installation. I was advised when signing up that I would need 50mbps for what I needed, and quickly figured out that it wasn’t enough. We then upgraded to 75mbps and didn’t even notice a difference with the speeds. Starting to think I just wasted more money upgrading for nothing. I can’t work from home and this is causing major headache trying to accomplish even the simplest of tasks. I’ve ran a speed test multiple times and am only getting 20-30mbps speed. Before I cancel and swap to Starlink can anyone help, or have a tech come out immediately?
Thanks for the message, and sorry for the bad experience!
I’m checking that now. Once I have more details I’ll let you know here.
In order to help us investigate that issue, please run a speed test from your modem, as follows:
1 - Open the Viasat browser – this test won’t work on other browsers;
2 - Go to this website: Viasat Speed Check | Home
3 - Log in using your My Viasat account
4 - Run the test (wait for both tests - modem and device - to complete)
By following those steps, we’ll be able to see the results and have access to valuable data that can help us better troubleshoot the issue.
If you are unable to download the Viasat browser, please at least run a speed test from Viasat Speed Check, and then send us a screenshot of the results (modem and device speeds).
Download speed 27.3
Upload speed 4.96
We made some changes to your network to improve the speeds. It might take up to one hour (from now) for the changes to be applied.
I see that the weather is not good now in your area, so because of that your signal might be a little bit unstable.
When the weather is fine again, let us know if you see any improvements in your speeds.