Home phone service

I need to get into my phone service as I’m having problems answering phone calls and people leaving messages

Hi @blm_bruce ,

We’d like to know a few more details if that is okay with you.

1. How is your internet service in general? Is it bad as well or are you only experiencing issues with Viasat voice?

2. what kind of problems are you having with calls and messages? Could you describe what happens in both cases?

Thanks,
Leonardo

1. The internet is ok but still having a lot of buffering.
  2. The phone service I can get some calls and other calls I can’t and they can’t leave a message on the answering machine.

Bruce

Thanks for the details, we’ll escalate it to our voice team have them take a look at your account. We’ll report back when we have an update.

Hi @blm_bruce ,

If you are using your own answering machine along with the Viasat voicemail, some of the voice mails could be going to your answering machine while others could be going to Viasat Voice Mail due to conflict.

If you’d like we can turn off Viasat voice mail for you so every voice mail should get to your answering machine.

If this is not the issue feel free to let me know and explain a bit more.

Thanks,
Leonardo

How do i get into the voice part of my account?

Hi @blm_bruce ,

Do you mean a settings page or something of the sort?

Thanks,
Leonardo

Yes is there a settings page where I can control the phone service

Hi @blm_bruce,

You should have just received an email to access your Viasat Voice Portal where you can manage your service. Please let us know if you find it.

Thanks,

Nacho

This guide to use the Voice Management Portal might also be useful: Viasat Residential Internet Help