Dish alignment issue possibly?

Hi @marilynr079,

Sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Do you know when this most recent bad connectivity started? Is it recent?
We use two different tools to detect if the antenna is mispointed, one of them indicates the possibility of a mispoint but the other one has no indication.

I can see the tech visit you mentioned created on our system, you can let the technician know about the possibility of a mispoint, and he will be able to fix it for you if that’s the case.

To better understand the speeds you are experiencing please do the following:

• You can download the Viasat Browser here: https://browser.viasat.com/.
  • After you install the browser, you need to be logged in on speedcheck.viasat.com.
    • To do that, click “Login” in the upper right corner of the menu, as indicated in the picture below.
    • The credentials for this login are the same as the ones you use for MyViasat.

When you run the tests from the Viasat browser, we can see “Speed from your device” and most importantly “Speed from your modem”, which is greatly useful to identify discrepancies in the speeds, such as in this example below:

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than just running a normal test, but the complete diagnosis helps us eliminate other factors.

:exclamation: The Modem Speed Test is currently not compatible with iPhone/iOS devices.

You can see a full tutorial at: How to run a complete speed diagnosis?.

Please let me know once you’ve run a few of these tests.

Thank you,
Avner